• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

woot, pretty excited for new meta, both arena and constructed.

+1

The rotating sets in Arena should be awesome. Sludge belchers and haunted creepers are back in the menu!

I bought both preorder bundles and got

Golden Archivist Elysiana
Madame Lazul

This gave me 131 packs which gave me

Keeper Stalladris
Oblivitron
Scargil
Tak Nozwhisker
Catrina Muerte
Vereesa Windrunner
Arch-Villain Rafaam
Chef Nomi
Lucentbark
Golden Kalecgos
Fel Lord Betrug
Golden Swampqueen Hagatha

I then bought 41 packs with gold and got

Nozari
Khadgar
Commander Rhyssa

With extra 6815 dust

I bought the bigger preorder, had 77 packs worth of gold, and bought the 9 pack/arena ticket bundle.

I ended up with 9 out of 22 legendaries:

Keeper Stalladris
Lucentbark

Nozari

Scargil
Swampqueen Hagatha

Arch-Villain Rafaam

Blastmaster Boom

Chef Nomi (golden)
Jepetto Joybuzz

I also had roughly an extra 7000 dust.

Pretty terrible haul for me. Opened 84 packs (4 'free' + 8,000 coins) and unpacked four legendaries. Typically, I open until my pity timer resets and finish with one final legendary, but I didn't do that this time because of the 15 packs coming from the single-player content. So, I should get at least one more legendary in the coming weeks...

200px-Oblivitron%2890557%29.png

200px-Commander_Rhyssa%2890606%29.png

200px-Scargil%2890646%29.png

200px-Archivist_Elysiana%2890621%29.png

Dat Hall of Fame dust, doe! 10k for your boy.

This is the first expansion I haven't pre-ordered since I started playing. So I only got Barista Lynchen out of the 20 or so packs I was able to open.

So far enjoying a new version of freeze mage. 5-0 on the Tavern Brawl so far.

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Ray of Frost
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 1x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Frost Nova
# 2x (4) Arcane Keysmith
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (4) Lifedrinker
# 2x (5) Sunreaver Warmage
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Blizzard
# 2x (7) Flamestrike
# 2x (8) Power of Creation
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) Kalecgos
# 1x (10) Pyroblast
#
AAECAf0EBsUE7QW/CPsMoIADip4DDIoBuwLJA6sEywSWBewHvuwC7/EC05gDn5sDoJsDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I'm really enjoying the new expansion so far. I know it's early but so far, I haven't run into any decks I hate yet. I'm really enjoying Bomb Warrior though I anticipate it ending up being one of those decks I hate.

As someone who played a fair amount of odd warrior, I like that Baku is gone. I think every time I played odd warrior, I always felt wrong playing Boom because some of the hero powers kinda sucked compared to gain 4 armor. Gain 7 and discover a mech were better, laser gun was pretty good, 1 damage to all enemies was great against odd paladin but that's about it, the microbots were okay if you can magnetic them to some thing but for the most part, I ended up wishing I'd stuck with 4 armor every turn.

Now that that's not an option any more, I throw boom down without a second thought and having a great time with it.

Bomb Warrior is already detestable because it's a significant portion of all played decks, and it's quite solid in this fledgling meta.

Seems like Control Shaman and Thief Rogue are good counters.

So far, I'm really only seeing bomb warriors, and thief or lackey rogues. I see a few mages, a couple of rafaam warlocks (which is a pretty decent counter itself), and a small number of shamans. I don't think I've seen any paladins, I saw one hunter, and I haven't seen any druids or priests yet either.

That said, I am happy at least that so far there don't appear to be any combo decks that I've seen.

I've been meme-ing it up in Standard with Secret Dragon Paladin. The deck is pretty bad, but this made my night. RIP Bomb Warrior.

OXT1Yf0.png

cMKf4EK.png

I am on the "I hate bomb warrior" train. I think I texted my brother on day 1 of the expansion, after I had played about 10 matches and 9 of them were agains bomb warrior, to complain that it's almost the only deck I was facing.

I am on the "I hate bomb warrior" train. I think I texted my brother on day 1 of the expansion, after I had played about 10 matches and 9 of them were agains bomb warrior, to complain that it's almost the only deck I was facing.

I can definitely see the hate because it puts you on a clock that very few classes (warrior, priest, shaman with healing spells, rogue with spectral cutless) can recover from.

I can definitely see the hate because it puts you on a clock that very few classes (warrior, priest, shaman with healing spells, rogue with spectral cutless) can recover from.

It has calmed down some now. I still see if frequently enough but I'm seeing other decks now too, which lessens my hate a bit. Although now when I see I'm facing a warrior in the matchup I know it's going to be that deck before they even play the first card...

The new Myracle Rogue is silly. It took me from 13 to 7 without losing. Just hard mulligan for Raiding Party/EVIL/Prep...and then win.

### Another Myracle
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Sap
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
# 2x (3) Fan of Knives
# 1x (3) Hench-Clan Thug
# 2x (3) Raiding Party
# 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 2x (4) Dread Corsair
# 2x (4) Waggle Pick
# 1x (5) Captain Greenskin
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (5) Myra's Unstable Element
# 1x (5) Zilliax
#
AAECAYO6AgayAsgDrwSm7wLn+gKggAMMtAHLA80DmwXUBe4GiAfdCIYJ1YwDj5cDiZsDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Cheating Roger has been knocked out by Viper in the World Championship. The Top 8 has been finalized, starting at 10pm ET:

Bunnyhoppor (Germany)
Languagehacker (Canada)

justsaiyan (United States)
Viper (Germany)

LFYueying (China)
SNJing (China)

bloodyface (United States)
Hunterace (Norway)

I made some tweaks to my Tempo Rogue, and I'm up to Rank 4. I don't think Zilliax is particularly good in this meta & Hench-Clan Thug never seems relevant (it just doesn't gel with the rest of the deck). I've tried Cold Bloods and Shadowsteps to replace them, and I really like the latter. At this point, I would consider also taking out a Fan of Knives for one copy of Cold Blood.

I'm mad at all of you for not telling me to choose my champion. May you all queue against bomb warrior.

Pretty entertaining tournament. I think having it so close after the rotation was cool. Decks aren’t optimized and that makes choices a little more interesting. The final game and Muzzy v Languagehacker game one were highlights for me

I'm mad at all of you for not telling me to choose my champion. May you all queue against bomb warrior.

I happened to see a reminder, so I picked the guy with the weirdest control shaman deck I could find.

Gratulerer hunterace!

Back