• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

While I think experimenting with buffs is a good move, the warrior mech package getting a buff without taking any nerfs in the last round seems bad

Also I've been kind of enjoying the new single player content. Adding the new hero powers and the bartenders refreshes a kind of tired format and can really make your decks insanely powerful.

New otk priest deck:

Stealthed mech turn 4
Reckless experimenter turn 5 followed by infinite snip snaps.

Finally got around to playing the solo adventure. I really like it. I beat it with mage on my first try and got the three packs. Got a golden Barista Lychen out of it.

I've been on a roll lately. The third wing netted me a Jepetto Joybuzz and the Tavern Brawl this week got me Edwin Van Cleef.

I really enjoy the Heist. I played an insane amount of Dungeon Run, and this is better and certainly more varied and replayable.

I'm making a long-term goal to beat each heroic chapter with all 9 heroes. Only 33 of 45 left :eek:

And for the super crazy completionists, there's the objective of beating heroic with all the hero powers (x27) and decks (x36).

Yeah I want to be a completionist with the heist. I just wish there was some reward for it. I mean, throw us 100g if we complete a chapter with all heroes or something.

Finally got this stratagem to stick.

fw1bpaL.png

Mind blast makes more sense than vanish. Never really thought vanish was a problem so i guess it’s more for future design space.

Im really liking the current arena meta as it’s more board centric and i like playing more aggro, mid range in arena.

I wouldn't mind seeing Control Warrior nerfed a bit. I think it would open up space for some midrange decks to compete with aggro.

I also love mind blast. Sad to see it go.

A couple random notes from a just-completed Paladin heist:

-Robes of Gaudiness (the cheat code treasure) have anti-synergy with echo cards, including zero cost Sound the Bells! Stick to drafting heavy hitters and it's hard to lose.
-The AI seems to be hard-coded to get rid of Ransom cards from King Togwaggle. I used him three different times with the double battlecry aura, and the computer always spent the mana to play the two Ransoms right away...for no reason.

I'm up to 27/45 in Heroic runs completed. I still have two left in Chapter 3 and the other 16 are Chapter 4 and 5. I'm not looking forward to that last bit.

Last edited:
The fact that Dr. Boom hasn't been changed is ridiculous to me

Warrior in almost all forms has been ridiculously OP for the entirety of this latest expansion. Bomb warrior is gone now (mostly) but still...

I'm really excited for this week's Tavern Brawl:

Description: Ragnaros is looking for the strongest deck! Take control of a random deck, if you lose you'll get a copy of your opponent's deck! How long can your deck survive THE BURNDOWN!?

A brand-new player vs. player Tavern Brawl where only the best decks remain at the top of the mountain. Queue up to receive a random deck. Then, if you lose, you’ll use the deck that defeated you in your next match. Which decks will survive The Burndown?

I'll be curious to see if we eventually get one deck that reigns supreme, or if an established meta with multiple decks arises.

I lost with 'Sacrifice 5' (Warlock)

Then won with 'Fishy + Elemental Wrath 5' (Shaman) over 'Murglgglgl 5' (Paladin)

Back