• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

If you guys wanna see a card-collection-data boner, check this out:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RQsFLYKjaWYhoLVRxokm62V8QzeicHsJQG8ZDRJ2Q7c/edit?usp=sharing

That's my collection. You can make your own (takes about an hour) by clicking cell N2 on the Summary sheet (LoE Edition is now live!...) and following the link. To enter your collection, go to the "List" sheet and fill in the number of cards you have.

You'll get stats like the number of unique cards you have (I've collected about ~80% of the cards out there), and then the total number of cards you've got (I'm down to 78% of those).

You'll also get how much dust you need to complete your collection, and other neat data.

#nerd

cool im going to do this. thanks.

Poor Slim watched my experimental face Warrior deck hit a severe rough patch on its way from 14 to 16 today. Whoops.

Man, I have my own tracking spreadsheet, but that one has way more features. May have to invest the time to port over during one of these conference calls.

Things seem to be listed randomly on the List sheet we need to update, and if I try to sort (which i'm not sure if that'd break it) it tells me "you can't sort a range containing vertical merges".

Yup.

My workaround was to copy out the list sheet data, add another column that I sequentially numbered 1...n (to be used to sort the sheet back to the original format), then just sorted to my heart's content in the new sheet (by mana and class to match the order in the hearthstone collection). Once I got all the data in, I just sorted by my 1...n column, and presto - the non-sensical original format was restored. I then copied the data column that I entered and pasted it into the original sheet.

Goddammit Knight you're a goddammed genius
WeqbyGZ.gif

my tourney is tomorrow and ive done very little prep work. you guys got any thoughts on a best of 3 conquest where you bring 3 decks and 1 ban?

was thinking midrange druid, control priest, control warrior, but i dont know.

Just know that everyone else is going to bring Midrange Druid, so have a deck that directly counters that or techs against it.

a) im a secret pally noob.
b) I anticipate everyone banning pallies, so not taking paladin might just force a more complicated ban decision.

Is this in Kansas City?

Say hi to J.R. Cook (one of the Well Met hosts, and founder of Blizzpro.com). I'm pretty sure he's an entrant, but may also have a hand in organizing the event.

I've started playing a Reno Lock. Aside from the length of the games, it's a lot of fun. I've only played a few, but it seems to beat freeze mages at their own game.

I've seen many class-specific Reno decks. The thing about Reno...

The decks will only become more viable as time passes. More cards will be released, resulting in more/better one-off options for Reno decks (so they won't have to run typically garbage tech cards like Blood Knight, for example).

I've been running a Reno warrior to do some quests, and it's worked fairly nicely. It seems to soulcrush a lot of opponents when you play Reno.

The best times are when it's a rogue/shaman/mage that don't have the cards to OTK, but they decide to go ahead and start burning you down now with spell damage since you were already getting low and they figure they'll probably draw the last fireball or crackle they need next turn anyway. Then at like 5HP you Reno and they have an empty hand.
Games do take forever though.

I treat Reno decks like Handlock - keeping them at 15-20 health while controlling the board is the sweet spot. That way they get a sub-optimal Reno (or Molten Giant), and you get a chance for a far-reaching lethal. Once the cat are out of the bag, you can take care of business.

I've seen many class-specific Reno decks. The thing about Reno...

The decks will only become more viable as time passes. More cards will be released, resulting in more/better one-off options for Reno decks (so they won't have to run typically garbage tech cards like Blood Knight, for example).

Agreed. You just get so much flexibility in game as well with your deck, especially as a Warlock. Not only from the healing buff, but from the nature of the deck that is usually constructed around Reno. Just 1 of each card almost forces you to have a tempo advantage. Combine that with the life tap and a bunch of powerful class cards, you can just draw until you have a ton of options and combos that allow you to dominate tempo. All while perhaps allowing Reno to completely negate those early health hits from tap and minions? Now we're cookin.

Last edited:
OGBoards Hearthstone Tournament #2

Participants

DeaconSlim2.0 (DeaconSlim #1968): Druid, Mage, Paladin
Deacsfan27 (Deacsfan27#1968): Druid, Hunter, Mage
Demonwolverine (Wiredex#1447): Mage, Shaman, Warlock
Dot com (owook#1737): Hunter, Paladin, Shaman
Eagles_Legendz (Dhaemon#1288): Mage, Paladin, Priest
HailToTheDeacons (HTTD#1449): Paladin, Shaman, Warrior
Knight (Knight#11615): Hunter, Paladin, Shaman
MHBDemon (Jam#1367): Druid, Mage, Paladin
redwing42 (redwing42#1379): Hunter, Mage, Warrior
seawolf2010 (Madeye21#1305): Druid, Paladin, Priest
Wakeforest22890 (Numbers22890#1512): Mage, Priest, Shaman

Competition format

The 11 entrants will play a 10 match round-robin tournament to determine the OGboards Champion.

After all competitors have played their 10 matches, the poster with the best overall match record will be crowned champion. In the case of a tie, the best overall record (by percentage) in all games played will determine the winner. If two entrants remain tied, then the head-to-head result will determine the champion.

Each match will be a best-of-five game series using the conquest format. Participants should prepare three decks (with three different classes) for the entire competition. The deck classes should be PMed to Allen Covert (a neutral, third party) before the tournament starts. After all 11 groups are submitted, then they will be posted to the thread. Changing your decklist after the tournament has started is prohibited.

Each best-of-five game series should be played in one challenge session if at all possible. Naturally, you will need to friend all of your opponents, as well. Afterward, please report the result to the thread (ex. Entrant A won 3-1 or Entrant B won 3-2).

Schedule

All matches will be completed by Friday, December 4th at 10pm EST. It is up to each pair of competitors to friend each other and find a mutual time to complete their match within the specified week.

By Monday, November 9th at 10pm EST: Submit three classes to Allen Covert
Week 1: Two Match Dates (1, 2) to be completed by Friday, November 13th at 10pm EST
Week 2: Three Match Dates (3, 4, 5) to be completed by Friday, November 20th at 10pm EST
Week 3: Three Match Dates (6, 7, 8) to be completed by Friday, November 27th at 10pm EST
Week 4: Three Match Dates (9, 10, 11) to be completed by Friday, December 4th at 10pm EST

Hearthstone%20Schedule_zpsvp0xqjbo.png

Miscellaneous Guidelines
-You may spectate other competitive games, but any entrant reserves the right to boot you from watching and you should refrain from table talk.
-It’s on everyone to practice sportsmanlike conduct (not changing your decks, intentionally losing, having friends help while spectating, BMing etc.). This is just for fun, after all.

Next Steps

Before the competition can begin, a few steps:

1) Everyone needs to review and affirm these guidelines.
2) Everyone needs to friend/add everyone else.
3) Everyone needs to PM their three classes to Allen Covert by Monday, November 9th at 10pm EST at the latest (Note: Mech is not a class).

Not sure if this is ever going to get finished, but here are the near-final standings and table. Thanks to everyone for participating!

Standings_zpsbzbvnghl.png

Table_zpsozfto2b1.png

I have been offline for a while....just haven't found the time. I'll try to finish if anyone is on this evening.

I've lost a lot of interest in playing as I'm too stupid to keep up with the decks and archetypes as they evolve. So it's the same decks over and over, or finding decks online.

Back