• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

I'm surprised at the outrage I've seen in various corners of the internet. It's been obvious for years that Blizzard sees China as a huge market and is willing to alter its game to ensure that it can compete there. China doesn't offer packs, it's rumored that some art was changed to make it more palatable in China, and China is treated as an entirely separate region for competitive purposes. If people are worried about Blizzard bending over backwards to please China, then they've been playing the wrong game.

To think that Blizzard wasn't going to drop the hammer on someone who took some of his airtime to say comments that would annoy the Chinese government is crazy to me. Had Blitzchung made the same comment on his own stream, the reaction might have been very different. But to do it on the hearthstone GM stream, of course this is what Blizzard was going to do.

Blitzchung didn't sound too surprised either, if you read his comments:

"As you know there are serious protests in my country now. My call on stream was just another form of participation of the protest that I wish to grab more attention. I put so much effort in that social movement in the past few months, that I sometimes couldn't focus on preparing my Grandmaster match. I know what my action on stream means. It could cause me lot of trouble, even my personal safety in real life. But I think it's my duty to say something about the issue."

I also think he's correct that his IRL safety is a much bigger issue than getting kicked out of GM.

Thanks. We all need to have goals and know our limits. :)

These new portraits are dope.

wKDoRDE.png

2F9RlQt.png

Pretty cool that a female wins global finals at blizzcon.

I admit, I watch a lot of the grandmasters stuff and I had no idea who the girl was but it was cool that she won.

I also don't get the difference between that and what hunterace won.

Their scheduling was ridiculous, but hunterace won the 2018 one (in April 2019).

I've enjoyed Grandmasters because it means random Hearthstone on the weekends. But I have no idea how that ties into the championships or anything like that at all.

I haven’t had time to read much on the new game mode. I think I need HTTD to tell me about it and tell me how excited I should be.

I was just thinking 'I don't know a damn thing about this battlegrounds auto-chess'. Anyone got cliffs?

I was just thinking 'I don't know a damn thing about this battlegrounds auto-chess'. Anyone got cliffs?

If you're worried about autobattlers stealing your streamers and players, then you create an autobattler of your own.

Oh, you meant about the game itself?

Yeah the biggest annoyance about the auto chess is that it seems ALL the streamers are playing it now. It's hard to find a regular game otherwise.

Anyone have useful Battlegrounds resources? Particularly, print or audio stuff would be most appreciated. It's increasingly difficult to watch streamers on company time :thumbsup:

Back