• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

That might have been the most entertaining battlegrounds game I've ever played. Baron Riverdare with golden bomb and golden mechano egg with a Kangor's. I melted the guy with divine shield, poisonous, windfuried murlocs to take first.

Any word on when the Beta ends?

I may temporarily retire after my run last night: three games, three 1st place finishes.  Deryl (Mechs), Elise (Beasts), and Nefarian (Mechs + large Cave Hydra + larger Crowd Favorite) took me to the promised land. 

Edit: I've now gotten 1st in six of my last seven games this week :eek:  I've also won with AFK, Edwin, and Lich Baz'hial.  The meta is much more forgiving than its been in the past.

Last edited:
For shits and giggles, I started a fresh BG account on the Euro server. Despite only two hero choices, I hit >5k MMR after 9 matches.

2nd Rafaam
1st Rafaam
2nd Shudderwock
2nd Nefarian
2nd Toki
3rd Nefarian
1st Rafaam
4th Rafaam
2nd Nefarian

TL;DR - a tabula rasa makes life easy.

The meta is definitely more forgiving. My most dominant wins have come from weird comps that don’t have a lot of synergy but one way or another I just get big buffs.

I kind of miss amalgam though.

The meta is definitely more forgiving. My most dominant wins have come from weird comps that don’t have a lot of synergy but one way or another I just get big buffs.

I kind of miss amalgam though.

I went full tilt after amalgam left. I went from about 6200 to about 5500. I've managed to get myself back up to around 6k but my wins aren't as easy as they used to be.

Also thanks for the nerfs Blizzard. I dusted everything I had which included Ancharr and multiple copies of those cards. It netted me about 6k dust.

I kept Alexstrasza though because I knew I'd just recraft her anyway.

I chased the Murloc dream tonight (and almost died in the process). I won 8 straight after stabilizing at 4 health.

HUtPFrr.jpg

It's hard to tell but they all have windfury.

If you can pull it off, it's close to being an instawin.

I say close but I somehow managed to beat a board like that. It involved golden great wolf, golden cave hydra, golden baron riverdare, golden spawn of n'zoth, golden divine shielded bomb with taunt, golden kangor, and a regular maexxna.

And some very lucky bounces.

Gratz! I keep hovering around 6k. As soon as I get some momentum I think OOOH Murlocs and then get 8th place.

Thanks. Funny thing about that particular game, I faced Rafaam on turn 2. As you typically see, he opted to buy another minion and attempt a steal versus upgrading the tavern.

I was absolutely paranoid about him getting my Amalgam, so I also abstained from the tavern upgrade, too. I won the battle, he didn't get the Amalgam, and the rest is history.

I think that may have been the first time I didn't tavern up on 2 with a non-Rafaam/Deryl/AFK hero.

Picked it up again about 3 weeks ago in my downtime because BGs looked fun. I enjoy it. At 5650 MMR. Issue is I do well with demons but it gets old to play demons over and over. When I branch to murlocs or beasts I can spike a first but have much better chance for bottom 3 than demons. Mechs somewhere in between. (user name is still Dhaemon).

Since Battlegrounds came out, I haven't hit dad legend simply because I've been playing just enough to do my quests but not much beyond that.

I finally hit dad legend again today on the back of Mech Paladin, Embiggen Druid, and Galakrond Warlock.

Time to meme for the next two days until reset.

Yeah that was completely unexpected. Blizzard usually announces things like this well in advance.

Lots of news should be [officially] dropping today, including HOF/rotations, introduction of the new Demon Hunter class, and Priest retooling.

Yeah it was hilarious it got leaked by Polygon a day early. I'm curious how adding a new class affects the classic set.

Am I the only one not super excited about Demon Hunter?

I'm not sure it has a clear enough identity from Rogue and Hunter and I hate the color of the cards. Couldn't they at least try to make them look different from Hunter's cards? We don't need to use every shade of green in the game.

I'm not surprised that Demon Hunter is the first class they introduced. Anecdotally, I saw more Demon Hunters than Monks in WoW. I'm wondering if they will have a Death Knight class given that we had Death Knight hero classes.

I agree that green was a bad choice in color. Especially if they are planning on adding Monk at some point, that one almost necessarily has to be green. Purple would have been a better choice.

Back