• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Played some druid tonight. Seems pretty strong. Being able to innervate a chillwind yeti on turn 2 or a 6 mana minion on turn 4 is awesome.

Question for those that play druid. Do you run 2 innervates AND 2 wild growths? Wild growths can kinda suck if you dont get them early.

Played some druid tonight. Seems pretty strong. Being able to innervate a chillwind yeti on turn 2 or a 6 mana minion on turn 4 is awesome.

Question for those that play druid. Do you run 2 innervates AND 2 wild growths? Wild growths can kinda suck if you dont get them early.

In my ramp deck, I run two of each. You definitely want Wild Growth at the beginning or once you have 10 mana (for card drawing).

Slim, what streams do you watch? I've watched some tournaments and streams from Willie Dills, one of hosts of Angry Chicken show. Any recs from others?

The only two I've been watching are SimCopter and Ratsmah. SimCopter seemed open to noob questions during his stream, and Ratsmah is on pretty late and does a good job explaining his plays. The only thing I don't like about him is he has other guys on teamspeak and if someone says "Oh ratsmah, I had my first 10 win Arena thanks to you and your help, I appreciate it." His little buddies will mock them and say "Wow, that's really good, I've only gotten 3 wins."

If you wanna be a dick, then don't stream. Or don't read comments out loud.

ven5m8.jpg

Just opened a pretty good pack with my 100 gold.

E Faceless Manipulator
E Lay On Hands
R Doomguard
C Wrath
C Blood Imp

Faceless manipulator is possibly my favorite card.

Having two innervates and the coin for a turn three ironbark protector is pretty epic. Obviously doesn't happen THAT often but if I play druid I'll generally try to boot anything that isn't innervate.

I got up to level 12 with my shaman and then the meta must have shifted a little because I literally lost something like a dozen games in a row.

Yes. Either use them early or late to get an extra card.

If you run 2 WG and Innervates you need to mulligan aggressively to try and get them early.

Is anyone going to watch live streams of the Blizzcon WC?

I don't want to spend dust on rares, but I don't have preparation yet, and miracle rogue deck doesnt work without it.

Got my 2nd Legendary in a pack this morning after beating all Expert AI Heroes, Old Murk-Eye.

Ugh.

Been working on a Mage deck with lots of secrets and ice. Really need The Lord Jarraxus or Alexstraza (sp?) for it to work well though

Jarraxus is a warlock-only legendary but Alexstraza is a perfect fit.

Old Murk-Eye and a murloc deck can be beneficial if you have all the other murloc cards. If you want to build up to that go for it Slim, if not dust that bad boy now.

Speaking of Legendaries which ones do you all have?

I have Jaraxxus and Al-Akir, had Cenarius but dusted him in order to get a Ysera, had an Edwin Van Cleef a few months ago but have literally never run a Rogue once I got up to level 10, and Maexxna.

I think I've had good luck with Legendaries. I think I've spent $60-$70 on packs. I've got:

Van Cleef
Malygos
King Mukla
Leeroy
Baron Geddon
Cairne Bloodhoof
Sylvanas

Next one I'm saving for is probably Bloodmage Thalnos.

I've never bought a pack before. I think I may ultimately end up buying the Naxx expansion (completed the free wing) just so I can improve my deck with those cards and there is no other way to get them.

I'm saving up for pyroblast and another faceless manipulator if I don't land them in the next few packs I get

I want another Earth Elemental for my Shaman deck and I'm not sure where I want to turn after that. I would like Prophet Velen at some point and get back to the priest deck I have to try and improve it.

I've never bought a pack, either.

I got Bloodmage Thalnos in my first week of playing, and he's been a staple in almost every deck since. I also have Ysera and Sylvanas Windrunner. I've previously dusted Grommash Hellscream (regret this) & Illidian Stormrage.

I really want Ragnaros.

I've got Deathwing and Old Murk-Eye.

Running a Murloc deck really has no appeal to me, but I may try it.

Don't think I'm advanced enough to use Deathwing appropriately.

Speaking of which, I was playing Casual and was destroyed by a Warlock that had like 4-5 Legendaries.

That really doesn't seem like accurate matchmaking to me.

Back