• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

What did you decide to craft back when you have ~3200 dust?

I don't yet care for Arena. I can only get 1-2 wins each time. I need to read up on the arena guides, but it just seems too dependent on getting a lucky draft with lots of board clear and card draw. If you don't get a good combination of that, you are effed.

Ysera

Was playing a ranked match, he got me down to 2 health, he had 30 and had echoing ooze and 2 other cards on the board. 4 total and no cards in hand.

I used Molten Giant + Faceless Manipulator + Defender of Argus to get two 9/9 Taunts up and had a decent backup hand...got him down to 9 health, ready to finish him off

He fucking top decks an Eviscerate to win.

fuuuu

me when I've had a fucking stressful work week:

"man, i've had a fucking stressful work week. I deserve to spend $20 on some digital cards."

me when I've had a fucking stressful work week:

"man, i've had a fucking stressful work week. I deserve to spend $20 on some digital cards."

Ha...yea me too...I just bought some packs, and got 3 Legendaries.

A 2nd Lorewalker Cho, dusted.
Nat Pagle (2/0/4 - At the start of your turn, you have a 50% chance to draw an extra card)
Leeroy Jenkins.

Currently have:
Lorewalker Cho
Nat Pagle
Baron Rivendare
Old Murk-Eye
Feugen
Stalagg
Leeroy Jenkins
Loatheb
Maexxna
The Black Knight
Kel'Thuzad
Alexstrasza
Ysera
Deathwing

And 5010 Dust waiting. That's 3 Legendaries...or 2 Legendary + 4 Epic.

I didnt get any legendaries, but got the 2 force of natures i needed for my druid deck, got a snake trap which i didnt have, and a gold gorehowl which i dusted.

I dusted some neutral cards that i never use to get to 1600 and crafted jaraxxus. Warlock deck with Jaraxxus and Ragnaros is fun.

At the rate I'm going, I will have all the legendaries before I get a single giant.

Last edited:
You noobs pulling all these legendaries is killing me, I've been playing since beta and I have 8 legendaries. One is the freebie from beta. Two I crafted. I need 72080 dust to craft all remaining cards :/

I dusted some neutral cards that i never use to get to 1600 and crafted jaraxxus. Warlock deck with Jaraxxus and Ragnaros is fun.

I played the most frustrating Handlock deck yesterday. Got the guy down to 2 and 1 life respectively before he played Alexstrasza and Jaraxxus. It sucks playing control decks with 5+ solid legendaries in them (more below).

You noobs pulling all these legendaries is killing me, I've been playing since beta and I have 8 legendaries. One is the freebie from beta. Two I crafted. I need 72080 dust to craft all remaining cards :/

Seriously. I haven't spent a cent on packs in this game, and while I derive a great pleasure from playing (and not paying), it can be frustrating to play guys who have the entire library.

I played the most frustrating Handlock deck yesterday. Got the guy down to 2 and 1 life respectively before he played Alexstrasza and Jaraxxus. It sucks playing control decks with 5+ solid legendaries in them (more below).

Seriously. I haven't spent a cent on packs in this game, and while I derive a great pleasure from playing (and not paying), it can be frustrating to play guys who have the entire library.

Understandable. The non-Naxx Legendaries I've gotten have come from bought packs. I've spent $19.99 on 15 packs twice, and once at the beginning paid $49.99 for 40 packs.

Buying that many packs, you're bound to get some Legendaries, though until this last set of 15 packs, I was getting Lorewalker Cho and Pat Nagle types...not that great.

Take out the Naxx Legendaries (Maexxna, Loatheb, Stalaag, Feugen, Baron Rivendare, Kel'Thuzad), I've only lucked out with Leeroy, Alexstrasza, Deathwing, and The Black Knight. Leeroy came in the last pack spree, Alexstrasza in the other $19.99 pack spree with The Black Knight, and Deathwing was a one-off pack buy with coins I think.

I have enough dust now to craft a couple more (Jaraxxus and Ragnaros I'm thinking) and I probably won't buy any more packs with real money, because I rarely get more than a handful of cards I didn't have already.

If anyone uses any Murloc decks, Old Murk-Eye is a quest card that you get by having all Murloc cards. I crafted the Epic murloc to get him, and use them in my Warlock/Murloc deck.

I didnt get any legendaries, but got the 2 force of natures i needed for my druid deck, got a snake trap which i didnt have, and a gold gorehowl which i dusted.

At the rate I'm going, I will have all the legendaries before I get a single giant.

Also, I got Molten Giants in back-to-back packs when I bought 2 packs from Quest gold earlier this week. They are in most of the decks I have been using.

I don't have any self control when it comes to this shit. But honestly, the two decks I've ranked up with the highest have little to no legendaries, Hunter and druid. my handlock deck sucks cause i don't have giants or taunt givers.

I tried to play Paladin some today and hated it. The only match I won was because of fatigue.

Hahaha....this is just awkward....had 3 quests today, 2 wins with Paladin or Warrior, 2 wins with Rogue or Warrior, and a spell quest I got the other day.

Won 2 matches with Warrior to get all 3 quests and the 3 win bonus. 175 coins, opened a pack...here are the results:

34gukc3.png

Went on a run of about 6-7 straight games last night in Ranked Mode using just a random deck. Priest deck filled with only Murlocs and Legendaries.

Kept getting a good run early and once the lower cost Legendaries came out was about to face-face-face to win in about 6-7 turns.

Lot of fun.

This deck is a lot of fun...just won about 6 out of 8 in ranked play.

Up to Rank 18 so far.

Has anyone else gone through the Gnomes vs Goblins cards?

They seem extremely overpowered...

So what's the highest anyone's been ranked? I only play sparingly, but I recently found a Shaman deck I like. Doesn't cost a lot of dust, and I'm up to rank 12 now.

I've found two of those legendary Hunter dinosaurs. Annoying, since you can only have 1 of each legendary.

I've noticed that rank play actually gets easier/more predictable after rank 15 or so. The meta becomes more established, and you start seeing the same decks over and over again. Once you know your own deck and how to play against other decks, you can start making better decisions about your mulligans.

The hardest for me is figuring out whether I'm playing a Zoo Warlock or a Handlock--it's usually evident within the first 2-3 turns, but if I don't figure it out, it's basically auto-lose.

If they don't play on the first turn I assume hand lock and only switch if they quickly pile on. Agreed that at 15 or so it's not so bad because there are actual metas. Above that it's just dudes with random decks

I got to 7 pre-Squirrel. I play the minimum amount of games now, simply to complete quests, so I will never rank highly.

Back