• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

I always overrate curator and play it a lot as well. I think I over focus on buffing it, and then have trouble converting to an end game strategy.

I'm with you on Curator. Whenever he's offered for me, I take him like 90% of the time. My top 5 heroes by wins are:

Nefarian, Curator, and Rafaam all tied with Elise and Yogg not far behind.

We're gonna be rich

ok9S7Bx.png

I'm with you on Curator. Whenever he's offered for me, I take him like 90% of the time. My top 5 heroes by wins are:

Nefarian, Curator, and Rafaam all tied with Elise and Yogg not far behind.

I’m like that with shudderwock. Bad win rate, always pick him. Because it’s fun when Murlocs go off or to luck box into pogos even though it’s a terrible strategy.

updated thread title. pretty pumped for expansion tomorrow even though I haven't bought packs and will probably have to grind arena for new cards.

I think the weapon makes sense to nerf. Doesnt totally demolish the combo, but makes hit harder to DH to survive to get to it.

Playing against demon hunters 80% of the time is a bit much

Is climbing in a single season harder now if you don't have a big star bonus from the last season? Or am I just mis-remembering the difficulty from before?

It took me forever to get from Gold 5 to Plat 10 when my star bonus ran out. Diamond looks reeeeally far away.

Went ahead and loaded up a DH to go from Platinum to Diamond. 27-10 (73%).

I admit I underrated DH gameplay -- Outcast creates some interesting situations in your hand both with mulligans as well as choosing when to play what. Also Sightless Watcher is a really cool card (discover your next draw from your deck), like Tracking with no downside. Everything really encourages you to think a turn or two ahead which is engaging gameplay. Unfortunately it's just busted right now power-level wise and feels kinda lame mowing people down.

Is climbing in a single season harder now if you don't have a big star bonus from the last season?

Yes, it can be. But conversely, it's easier if you have the 10x bonus (which you'll likely get next month now). If you have a really good MMR and/or high Legend ranking, you can even get an 11x bonus (which means you're still carrying a bonus in Diamond). Combine either of those with a win streak and you just skip entire segments of the ladder.

BBpURzd.png

Lots of people hitting legend in quarantine.

I got a Lorewalker Cho reward for my trouble.

Last edited:
It's really interesting to see people's rankings now. My MMR is matching me up with mostly people in platinum.

My 7 year old has been asking to play Battlegrounds and has no idea what he’s doing. Crashed my rank from 6k to 4.5k. Might be time to get his own account.

Back