• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Doofus and I got top 2 in the same game!

6dH6vsA.png

Sorry for all these screenshots, but I had to share...Dancing with Deryl is exciting and magnificent:

V4k9N82.png

UN9JTr3.png

VUdHCaO.png

Dancin Deryl is fun but I rarely pick him. You can make some broken boards pretty early but I always try to go too big and then don't get the minion down in time. I would like to see some kind of poison counter mechanic. It's annoying to build a really awesome board that just gets ripped through by some dingus who when poisonous murlocs.

I'm up to 5,847 MMR thanks to a nice run last night.  3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 4th, and 1st all while watching Tyler Lockett lay a gargantuan goose egg on MNF.

Dancin Deryl is fun but I rarely pick him. You can make some broken boards pretty early but I always try to go too big and then don't get the minion down in time.

A pro tip I picked up on reddit: if you know you're going to dance, make sure you freeze the board first.  Even if you get burned, you'll have your fatty (assuming you survive the round).

My favorite Lich Lady is back! Snagged two 1st places with her tonight.

The new heroes are interesting, especially Rafaam. Aside from the Day 1 "he's busted" hot take, he also encourages opponents to set irregular lineups which is cool.

How do you play her? I struggle with her

Same basic strategy as most heroes. I just spam the hero power early and often so I hit tier 4 before everyone else and get first crack at endgame build-around minions (and perhaps a Tier 5 discover). After that, you're likely not touching the hero power the rest of the game.

Edit: she always has a chance of crashing and burning since you’re using health as a resource, but it’s lessened after the buff.

Last edited:
Doofus and I finally convinced Numbers to start playing today (or broke him down with our incessant texting about BG). We played several games together and finished 1st and 2nd twice, including one where I had my first unblemished victory:

NV9OWue.png

That's so nice of y'all to invite him to get his ass kicked by you. :)

It'd be interesting to see Blizzard's numbers regarding how much of standard mode interest/play has been cannibalized by BG. I've played very little standard and still playing lots of BG.

I saw a lot of people playing standard when the new expansion dropped but given the flaws with shaman, most are back to bgs now.

This is based solely on what streamers are doing.

I think poisonous needs to be removed from battlegrounds. It's too oppressive. I'd be okay keeping Maexxna in but Toxfin I think for sure needs to go or at least be a higher rank. Maybe you can still get poisonous off the tier 6 beast that evolves your murlocs since that's not AS easy to do. It makes it almost pointless to build a mech / demon / beast board because SURELY someone is going to have a bunch of murlocs with poisonous.

I played a game earlier today (which I won), in which the top 3 all had boards of divine shield / poisonous murlocs. The deciding factor in my victory was giving taunt to Brann (thus popping a shield) and lucky bounces. We both had the summon 1/1 plants and at the end, I had one plant left on the board which was enough to kill him.

I also think Rafaam will (and should) get a nerf. I finally got to play a game with him and man is he good. A free minion for one gold? There's literally no down side since you can just sell the minion if you don't want it and get your gold back. I feel like pushing it up to 2 would feel more balanced.

Back