• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

I understand, they only introduce entirely new mechanics and hundred+ cards every four months.

It's not the mechanics and cards. This happens for me with every game I play for an extended period of time. World of Warcraft, Clash of Clans, Hearthstone. I just reach a point where I get bored with the game no matter when new stuff comes out.

It's not the mechanics and cards. This happens for me with every game I play for an extended period of time. World of Warcraft, Clash of Clans, Hearthstone. I just reach a point where I get bored with the game no matter when new stuff comes out.

I get this, and it is kind of where I am with the game right now, but I still think its a great game that gets so much scrutiny because its at the top. The cost thing is an issue for me, but mainly as a barrier to newer players. I spent a lot of money on the game in the earlier days when I wanted to play all the meta decks. I think I can now live with playing more casually and enjoying arena for each new set until I get bored.

I'm somewhat bipolar in that sometimes I want to be a completist and own every card, and sometimes I think it is more fun to build decks with whatever the RNG gods think I should play.

Last expansion just didn't have any staying power with me. I finally decided to grind out legend on month one and didn't really feel like playing after that. Felt like I was waiting for Rogue to be a top class for so long and when it finally was, I just didn't care.

Nothing I've seen about the new expansion has me fired up. I've always spent money on the game but the recent discussions on Reddit about it got me to actually add up the dollar amount I've spent. It's pretty mild compared to many posts I read but seeing that number in front of me I had to ask if I was really getting my money's worth.

I love collecting the cards and having everything at my disposal to try any deck I want any time. But I pretty consistently burn out of each expansion about mid way through, faster this time with Frozen Throne. I don't know if that's really worth it. Could try a less completionist approach but I feel as though the fun I get out of each expansion is predicated on having as many of the cards as possible to play with.

Love the game but I think it may have run it's course for me barring some major shakeup in format. If there was a tournament mode or something other than ladder and arena to compete against other players. The new dungeon run thing does nothing for me in terms of excitement.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the dungeon, though I hope there's some kind of reward/quest tied to it.

This may be belong on the unpopular opinions thread but I hate card reveal streams. I think they are boring and everyone has one of maybe three reactions to every card.

I especially hate the ones that involve the developers.

I really enjoy the ones where they let someone play a game with some new cards sprinkled in.

This is so cheesy.

Zola_the_Gorgon%2876880%29.png

So Priest is getting 2 absolutely nuts OP cards. They probably don't both fit in the same decks, but it is going to be really interesting to see how Priest sits in the meta, and what the counters to it will be.

This is amazing.

Redditor made a flow-chart documenting most of the ways you can OTK your opponent with this new Shaman card, Unstable Evolution:

636474672533464562.png

I think this card is going to be auto-include x2 in Shaman.

Disguised Toast is going to die staying up 80 straight hours trying to pull off some statistically impossible combo.

The hunter spellstone + Tundra Rhino is a 2 card, 14 damage combo. flashbacks.

The hunter spellstone + Tundra Rhino is a 2 card, 14 damage combo. flashbacks.

My Greetings.

Good comparison. Will we start thinking about 15+ life on turn 10 for Hunter? I remember we also had to do life counting for Handlocks and Molten Giants.

Staying alive until turn 10 as hunter can be a big hurdle though.

Back