• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

:eek:

Whispers of Loatheb

SrWY4Vh.png

So we're getting additional heroes again? That'll be fun. I really liked the Death Knights.

So Shaman is the only one that gets a new hero? That's kind of weird.

Brode or others have said that it has more to do with the lore of this expansion, and they really wanted that one character to be a central part of the story.

I'm curious about the synergy with the improved hero power / reduced cost hero power and the Death Knights. My initial thought is that the DK hero power would override the improved one and would not be improved at all but the cost would remain the same. Although all DKs are 9 cost aren't they? So I guess only one of these is applicable.

I'm curious about the synergy with the improved hero power / reduced cost hero power and the Death Knights. My initial thought is that the DK hero power would override the improved one and would not be improved at all but the cost would remain the same. Although all DKs are 9 cost aren't they? So I guess only one of these is applicable.

I think you are right that DK hero power would override the improved one, but that cost discount would remain (like Anduin/Raza). Not all DKs cost 9 though. They range from 5 to 10.

I don't remember exact sources, but I'm fairly certain it's been confirmed that the Even/Odd Legendary beginning-of-game effects only impact the starting hero power. Anything that permanently changes the hero power later erases any bonus that was provided. You might still want to play a DK, anyway, but it would only be the typical hero power provided by the card.

Yeah, now I think you are right. The new card says "your starting Hero Power costs (1)." Raza says "your Hero Power costs (1)."

Got a golden paladin quest in my free un'goro pack. Has anyone played a fun galvadon deck?

I remember Kibler playing one a few times but I don't remember what all he had in it. I have a Lynessa Sunsorrow I can trade you.

I've got almost 10000 gold at this point. I think when the next expansion comes out, I'm going to try and squeeze one more legendary out of each expansion.

I've got almost 10000 gold at this point. I think when the next expansion comes out, I'm going to try and squeeze one more legendary out of each expansion.

I've used a simple excel chart to track the last two expansion mass openings. The primary reason is to cut myself off from buying more packs once I open a Legendary within the final 40 packs (the max pity timer for Legendaries) of what I can afford with in-game gold. I don't want to waste any gold (theoretically up to 3,900) on packs that probably won't have a Legendary - and that's also the point where I'll start saving gold for the next expansion.

I also track number of Epics and golden cards. It's cool to do comparisons to known pity timers and also previous openings. I'm happy to e-mail the sheet to anyone, just PM me.

For KFT, I opened 72 packs with 4 unpacked Legendaries (the final one on pack 72).
For K&C, I opened 125 packs with 5 unpacked Legendaries (the final one on pack 125). Much worse ROI.

I've used a simple excel chart to track the last two expansion mass openings. The primary reason is to cut myself off from buying more packs once I open a Legendary within the final 40 packs (the max pity timer for Legendaries) of what I can afford with in-game gold. I don't want to waste any gold (theoretically up to 3,900) on packs that probably won't have a Legendary - and that's also the point where I'll start saving gold for the next expansion.

I also track number of Epics and golden cards. It's cool to do comparisons to known pity timers and also previous openings. I'm happy to e-mail the sheet to anyone, just PM me.

For KFT, I opened 72 packs with 4 unpacked Legendaries (the final one on pack 72).
For K&C, I opened 125 packs with 5 unpacked Legendaries (the final one on pack 125). Much worse ROI.

:nerd:

That's what I do too but with getting random packs from things throughout this expansion, I feel like I'm not too far away from a legendary from these other expansions.

uber nerd here. I still track mine in the spreadsheet that guy on reddit created. Before KNC, I needed about ~88k to finish standard collection, so I was going to try to get back to that number before the next release. The dust from HOF cards will help, as well as this promotion. I'm currently kind of burned out, and sometimes I wonder if it'd be healthier just to spend the 50 bucks each expansion.

2ibdjxc.jpg

Last edited:
I've never tracked my packs but I think the ability to throw together just about any deck you want with a new expansion is somewhere around 200 packs. Times when I've been really into the game, that's about average what I ended up getting and I always felt like I could do what I wanted -- if I didn't have a card I needed in the openings, I could craft it or whatever.

Wasn't super in to K&C when it came out so I just did the preorder for 50 and the Mammoth bundle whenever that came out, so 60 packs... by now I have most of the cards through gold but I haven't really played many meta decks. Got a handful of fun things I like to mess around with, Kingsbane Rogue, Big Mage, Malygos/Twig/Kun druid, Recruit Warrior... But it took a long time to get those decks together. And for some of them I've been dusting golden stuff I had that's about to rotate which feels fine but if I wanna play em wild again I'll have to craft the non golden, which feels kinda bad.

Some of the things they added like free DKs/weapons etc are nice but if you get a crappy one you're kinda out of luck. Same with your 50 packs... I wanna say I got grumble and something else meh. It feels very RNG as to whether you can enjoy all a new expansion had to offer without spending a lot of money. I've cracked some 40 pack bundles before and gotten 5 or 6 legendaries. That'd be awesome if it happened on a preorder. But sometimes you get 1 or 2 and they suck.

Not sure what I'll do for witchwood... feeling more into the game than I was for K&C but not really feeling like buying a ton of packs.

What always fascinates me is how a legendary will be insane one expansion and then barely used the next. The obvious example is Shadowreaper Anduin. Now I realize that had more to do with the Raza nerf than anything else but Raza was about to rotate out anyway. I'm sitting on around 6000 dust and keep thinking about things I want to craft but always talk myself out of it. Maybe I'll burn through some of it next expansion but honestly, I had a lot of fun with Big Beast Hunter and Control Mage this expansion. If I were to craft anything at this point it would be Pyros, Bloodreaver Gul'dan, and maybe Sindragosa or Dragon Caller Alana.

Back