• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Finally made a deck with Toki. My first game was against Quest Warrior. I threw down Archmage Arugal and Book of Secrets so I ended up with two Toki's. I throw down my very first Toki and he rewards me with a Reno Jackson. I was at 8 health. So satisfying.

Try not to forget this moment the next five times Toki does jack-shit for you :thumbsup:

Obviously early in the expansion but I'm thinking about crafting Hagatha and Tess Greymane. They both look like a lot of fun and Hagatha seems pretty good. Have any of you guys played these cards?

Played a lot with Tess. It's kinda tough to set up and as the meta gets more refined it'll be even tougher -- Blink Fox is solid but the other cards are kinda slow. Hallucination lends itself to a miracle deck but does miracle really want to run Tess? Pick Pocket is super slow too.. on turn 6 or 8 or 10 when are you gonna have time to use your entire turn stealing cards? And then you have to play them, and what if the cards you get suck?

Actually more fun in lower ranks of wild with there being more burgle style cards and more people experimenting. I've been playing a deck there that goes toe to toe with almost any control deck I've run up against just due to the insane value you can generate with pick pocket and Valeera. It's been a blast. Not sure about the gadgetzan package and adding Patches for tempo has been a thought. There's almost too many burgle cards, but I guess the point is having some fun.

### Custom Rogue4
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Hallucination
# 2x (1) Swashburglar
# 2x (2) Pick Pocket
# 1x (2) Sap
# 2x (2) Undercity Huckster
# 2x (3) Blink Fox
# 1x (3) Burgle
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 2x (3) Fan of Knives
# 1x (3) Shaku, the Collector
# 2x (4) Fal'dorei Strider
# 2x (5) Vilespine Slayer
# 2x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer
# 1x (8) Tess Greymane
# 1x (9) Valeera the Hollow
#
AAEBAaIHBrICzQPSFcm/AoDTAuvwAgy0AZsFpAeGCfKwApK2AvW7AoHCApvIAtzRArf1Asf4AgA=
#
#

Because of a variety of reasons (work travel, dad shit, fear of shudderwock opponents), i didn't play standard until yesterday. Played some Hadronox taunt druid with cubes and witching hours to revive Hadronox.

Also, haven't played much arena. First run was 3-3. but now have a 6-0 paladin.

1) If you want an EZ Tavern Brawl pack, choose Paladin. It's an Even deck recipe, and though it's slightly sub-optimal, it crushes the competition.
2) Monster Hunt releases tomorrow!

While I'm enjoying the Monster Hunt, it's still just a reskin of the dungeon run which isn't a bad thing. But I hope that this doesn't become what Blizzard does for EVERY expansion because I could see it getting stale. I'd love to get another LK like adventure for the next expansion.

Anyone got to Hagatha yet? I've won with Toki and Shaw but haven't gotten the other two yet.

Thanks again for the heads up. The timing was just right - in addition to the sale, I was given an Amazon gift card yesterday, which meant I couldn't resist.

The tablet will be very useful while traveling with the family. But who am I kidding, I'll wear it playing Hearthstone and watching Netflix on the couch and in bed.

Finally got to Hagatha. Tess was the hardest one for me assuming the final bosses are the same each time. I won by him playing fel reaver followed by me playing cheap stud to burn all his cards including his Kingsbane.

Hagatha is hard

I beat Hagatha last night on my first try. It's certainly a cool capstone to the Monster Hunt, but I'm sad the competitive component is done already. Dungeon Runs took a lot longer in that respect, but hey, I kept playing those a lot after the fact (including one yesterday with 6x Fire Elemental and double battlecries :) ).

Evil Toki was the most frustrating for me. Whenever I was pressuring lethal, naturally she restarted the game. One time she played the mech that gets +1/+1 with each spell cast & Mage Quest. Turn 2, she dropped 2x Sorcerer's Apprentice and the Treasure that gives you a spell from each class...which she was able to play about 6 of immediately. So, quest complete on turn 2, and a giant-ass mech that she gave mega-windfury. I beat her ass down the next run, though: spell power +3 and casting your first spell twice are insane.

Houndmaster was the hardest (AKA took me the longest) because I never got offered the +2 hound attack aura until yesterday (which is insanely good), and Glinda is a super tough boss. I think I beat Tess and the Cannon Worgen on the first try.

Is there any reward for beating Hagatha? Card back maybe?

I agree that +3 spell power and casting your first spell twice are great on Toki. I think that's how I won on her.

Is there any strategy to beating Tess's boss other than wait for Fel Reaver, burn deck?

I broke down and crafted Hagatha today. I had already crafted Shudderwock so I put together a decent deck with the two. I ended up going a little over .500 (5-4). All of my losses were against Warlock and Paladin.

Hagatha is a really awesome card but you have to be REALLY conscious of the cards in your hand or you will overdraw.

The highlight was when I Shudderwocked a Mind Blast priest, getting three copies on board. He then Psychic Screamed them only for me to play Hagatha next turn, and another Shudderwock the turn after.

The lowlight was when I was playing Taunt Druid and Shudderwock filled my board with elementals before he started making copies of himself.

In conclusion: Hagatha is a great card and I don't regret crafting her at all. The bad news is that Shaman isn't very strong right now so the deck overall isn't great. I think I could make a few changes to the deck, maybe adding a Bloodlust or Unstable Evolution but that's not really going to change much I wouldn't think.

Finally killed Hagatha today. It seems the trick is to spend as little time as possible as Shaw and Crawley because they kind of suck against her. I Toki'd turn 3, Crawley'd turn 7 and Tess'd turn 8. I thought I was screwed when she devolved my guy into a Shifting Shade and immediately killed it, causing me to burn Call of Wild. I basically just Blizzarded every turn until I could build up enough board to double (well triple) Bloodlust and end it.

Strongest cards in HS' short history? They are doing one of those twitter brackets. I watched Kripp's video with his voting. It's long, but the final 4 was ice block vs. spiteful summoner and muster for battle vs. tunnel trogg.

What would your top 4-5 cards be?

Back