• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Even warlock has been super strong. Lots of room for tech cards too, like the one that swaps minions for demons in both hands (hit a few Mechathuns with that), etc. Its a little boring as an archetype though.

Are you running Sac Pact with Demonic Project? Pretty nice combo, with some built in flexibility for emergency healing.

Mossy Horror (AKA Sulley from Monsters Inc.) has been a solid tech card so far, too. The Tempo Storm Evenlock list also includes Black Knight and Skulking Geist - it just shits on Combo decks.

haha, Sulley! Yeah, mossy horror also wrecks giggling inventor.

The first Boomsday vS Data Reaper Report has dropped.

Internally, we joked around that the process of deck refinement in Boomsday can be measured by the rise of Giggling Inventors because the correlation was staggering. This card is the #1 nerf candidate for the next balance patch. Do not dust your extra copies.

As for Quest Rogue, two nerfs may not have been enough. We think this deck has a pretty good chance of making yet another comeback into the Hearthstone meta, with a projected Tier 1 win rate that could shake the meta to its core. If you are playing at top legend, you already know: Quest Rogue is back.

Finally, let’s talk about the meme class of Boomsday. 36% win rate. Even if APM Combo Priest was the most difficult deck ever, and even if every single Hearthstone player practiced 50 hours with a combo simulator and developed perfect hand clicking coordination and mechanics, we don’t think this deck breaks 40%.

I was totally wrong about the power level of this set, at least so far. Outside of Giggling Inventor, not any huge impact cards... But it feels like people haven't really explored any new archetypes

I was totally wrong about the power level of this set, at least so far. Outside of Giggling Inventor, not any huge impact cards... But it feels like people haven't really explored any new archetypes

I would agree with that. Mostly what I see on ladder these days are odd paladin, odd rogue, deathrattle hunter, and zoo lock. All with a few new additions but mostly the same.

### Steven
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (0) Zap!
# 2x (2) Dire Wolf Alpha
# 2x (2) Earthen Might
# 2x (2) Flametongue Totem
# 2x (2) Knife Juggler
# 2x (2) Menacing Nimbus
# 2x (2) Murkspark Eel
# 2x (4) Fire Plume Phoenix
# 2x (4) Saronite Chain Gang
# 2x (4) Thunderhead
# 2x (6) Arcane Dynamo
# 1x (6) Argent Commander
# 2x (6) Fire Elemental
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 1x (8) Hagatha the Witch
# 1x (8) Kalimos, Primal Lord
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
#
AAECAaoIBJkC88ICp+4CzfQCDb0B0wHZB/AHsQiswgKbywKU7wKw8AL28AKP+wKKgAOTgAMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I just hit dad legend with this deck. I think most variations run Al-Akir but I don't have him so I subbed in some Earthen Mights instead. I'm considering dropping the Arcane Dynamo's. They are good in theory but too slow.

For a quick moment, I thought you posted a Wild budget deck. Then, the lightbulb went on.

Congrats!

Hit a milestone tonight. I wonder exactly how many thousands of losses happened along the way.

61XqEyp.png

I mean, standard's not really any different between Malygos Druid, Toggwaggle Druid, and the occasional Token Druid.

I mean, standard's not really any different between Malygos Druid, Toggwaggle Druid, and the occasional Token Druid.

Token Druid is going to get a huge bump from the latest Vicious Syndicate Data Reaper Report. They chart it as the best deck in all ranks.

Also, it appears Boomsday has done very little to shake up the meta. From a redditor (in response to the VS Report):
Look at 3 of the top meta decks in legend: Cube Hunter, Quest Rogue, and Token Druid. The only new card they run is Giggling Inventor (except for the Spider Bombs in Hunter). Otherwise the decks are completely unchanged from their previous iterations.

HTTD, when do you get that book of HS art?

Middle of October.

This interaction was from 06-27-2017, 03:19 PM

They delayed the book for a year (until October 2018), and now it's delayed again. I finally just cancelled it. I was so excited about this when it was announced, and now I just want to forget about it.

That is a bummer. I was looking forward to hear how it looked. At least now you can use the refunded money to buy packs.

Brawl pack gave me Hogger, my last classic legendary! I've still never opened a Kidnapper, and I need 1 Gladiator Longbow, to complete classic collection.

Nice. I’m one legendary away and it feels like it’s been a while since a classic pack gave me one, but I haven’t been counting.

I've been watching a lot of the Hearthstone playoffs. I've found myself rooting not so much for certain players but against players playing specific decks. For example, I automatically root against anyone playing Quest Rogue or Togwaggle Druid.

Back