• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Nice!

I wish Hearthstone would avoid making combo decks because they are just no fun to play against. I've played against that stupid Holy Wrath / 25 cost Paladin legendary way too often.

At least I haven't seen any Shudderwock decks this expansion.

I typically try to wait several weeks before crafting anything, but I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on Mojomaster.

There’s no way that’s a bad craft, right? Seems like it will be always be relevant, like Loatheb.

why not? go for it. lot less risk too now that you can't open a duplicate tomorrow.

My brother made me a pretty sweet no minions hunter deck. Used most of my dust I had saved up from when I used to play, but whatever. Only thing missing is a legendary weapon that searches for spells in my deck. I'll have to save up awhile for that one.

is there going to be solo content released later for this xpac?

Mine is installed already and said it was going to be opening in a week so I'd guess next Tuesday since that's when Blizzard typically releases such things.

I typically try to wait several weeks before crafting anything, but I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on Mojomaster.

There’s no way that’s a bad craft, right? Seems like it will be always be relevant, like Loatheb.

Interesting card but I feel like it's always going to be borderline playable if not just irrelevant. I had it in a deck and it is nice but 6 mana is still a lot for them to have the next turn to do stuff. You can buy time and delay big turns, like Loatheb, but you also set yourself back down to 6 mana next turn which is the big difference. Loatheb was less of a tech and more of a flat out great card because it had great stats for its cost at the time and didn't hurt you. You could delay big turns, interrupt combos, basically with no downside -- and it had a place in aggro or fast decks to prevent board clears on a key turn. I don't think Mojomaster is that good, and I feel like most decks are going to pass on Mojomaster for cards that make their own deck's plan better. Just my two cents.

Interesting card but I feel like it's always going to be borderline playable if not just irrelevant. I had it in a deck and it is nice but 6 mana is still a lot for them to have the next turn to do stuff. You can buy time and delay big turns, like Loatheb, but you also set yourself back down to 6 mana next turn which is the big difference. Loatheb was less of a tech and more of a flat out great card because it had great stats for its cost at the time and didn't hurt you. You could delay big turns, interrupt combos, basically with no downside -- and it had a place in aggro or fast decks to prevent board clears on a key turn. I don't think Mojomaster is that good, and I feel like most decks are going to pass on Mojomaster for cards that make their own deck's plan better. Just my two cents.

I watched Kibler play an elemental mage deck yesterday with Mojomaster in it and didn't feel like it really made a difference. He played it out a few times but it didn't really change the outcome either way.

Do you get anything from doing the solo puzzles?

The Puzzle Lab? Just a card back.

Good stuff - thanks.

Hearthpwn or whatever it's called has it as "meta defining", so it must be pretty damn good

I received a free pack for my first Tavern Brawl win, now I have a counter that totals my wins. Are there any more packs involved or is that just for reference?

Huge nerfs just announced:

Wild Growth – Will cost 3 mana. (Up from 2)

Nourish – Will cost 6 mana. (Up from 5)

Level Up! – Will cost 6 mana. (Up from 5)

Saronite Chain Gang – Now reads: Taunt. Battlecry: Summon another Saronite Chain Gang.

Leeching Poison – Will cost 1 mana. (Down from 2). Now reads: Give your weapon Lifesteal this turn.

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/22817529?linkId=100000004395757

Kingsbane, Shudderwock, Odd Paladin, and Druid all taking pretty massive hits.

Huge nerfs just announced:

Wild Growth – Will cost 3 mana. (Up from 2)

Nourish – Will cost 6 mana. (Up from 5)

Level Up! – Will cost 6 mana. (Up from 5)

Saronite Chain Gang – Now reads: Taunt. Battlecry: Summon another Saronite Chain Gang.

Leeching Poison – Will cost 1 mana. (Down from 2). Now reads: Give your weapon Lifesteal this turn.

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/22817529?linkId=100000004395757

Kingsbane, Shudderwock, Odd Paladin, and Druid all taking pretty massive hits.

I love everything about this.

Level Up! is interesting. I still think it's completely viable...but now for Even Paladins, or Mid-range (likely Wild) Paladins.

Back