• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Went 12-1 with a mage deck last night just trying to hurry before the event went live. Felt easier than other runs, maybe just because the player pool was thinner, but who knows? It helped to have Onyxia and Sindragosa.

Tinypic has been unreliable hosting pics. Is there a better alternative?

isacshk.jpg

oh well, i tried to resize it, so its blurry. Elemental synergies with 2 bonfires. Plenty of early game to deal with pressure and then plenty of value to back it up with primordial drake, onyxia, sindragosa.

I'm excited to try the event tonight.

In arena, I was down to 3 life, with no way to prevent lethal (no healing, no taunts, no way to trade away my opponent's board), and no way to kill my opponent (he had a 4/5 taunt, 21 life, the last charge of Tirion's sword, and three additional minions).

The only card in my hand that could generate an out was Elven Minstrel, but also, the cheapest other card in my hand was 3 cost minion.

So, I called the Hail mary - I played Raging Worgen, then Elven Minstrel, leaving me at 3 mana...and I hovered over the escape key. But I drew Mind Control Tech. He engaged his mental dislocater and stole the taunt. I was able to trade into the other minions, and luckily my opponent didn't have any burn. Sweetest 1-0 ever.

This event seems awesome. Good quest rewards. Fresh arena meta. Well done by Blizzard. I drafted a really really greedy shaman deck but haven't played a game yet.

On the constructed side, there was once force of nature/savage roar combo. Now there is sticky board (Spreading plague/wispering woods>poison seeds) into branching paths, double roar. Just insane amounts of damage.

I was 7-0 in arena, and played a rogue that went Keleseth into double shadowstep. Even with 3 volcanoes I couldn’t ever get back the board from all the buffs.

So I'm just getting back into Hearthstone after 12-18 months away. I've missed a few expansions and was wondering if anyone had a link or links to a good Standard Mage deck to try out.

So much new stuff to acclimate to, it's crazy.

So I'm just getting back into Hearthstone after 12-18 months away. I've missed a few expansions and was wondering if anyone had a link or links to a good Standard Mage deck to try out.

So much new stuff to acclimate to, it's crazy.

The good control mage that is a meta deck is probably pretty expensive if you need Jaina DK, Dragon's Fury, Voodoo Doll, Arcane Keysmith.
https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/control-mage-standard-meta-snapshot-june-18-2018

The aggro mage is definitely cheaper to build, and fun to burst opponents down quickly.
https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/aggro-mage-standard-meta-snapshot-june-1-2018

Welcome back!

Tempostorm and Vicious Syndicate are widely viewed as the best meta reports, and they both offer numerous competitive decklists. The former is based more on expert opinion, and the latter on match data.

Both sites currently list two Mage decks each, and they're all viewed as Tier 2/3 from a competitive standpoint.

The good control mage that is a meta deck is probably pretty expensive if you need Jaina DK, Dragon's Fury, Voodoo Doll, Arcane Keysmith.
https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/control-mage-standard-meta-snapshot-june-18-2018

The aggro mage is definitely cheaper to build, and fun to burst opponents down quickly.
https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/aggro-mage-standard-meta-snapshot-june-1-2018

Welcome back!

Tempostorm and Vicious Syndicate are widely viewed as the best meta reports, and they both offer numerous competitive decklists. The former is based more on expert opinion, and the latter on match data.

Both sites currently list two Mage decks each, and they're all viewed as Tier 2/3 from a competitive standpoint.

Nice...I'll give those a look this week.

I already see they've added a few abilities (Echo, Lifesteal, Rush, and maybe more). I've already gone through the Lich King solo adventure, which was fun. Going to start on the Dungeon thing today.

Dungeon Run is amazing. It's by far the best single-player content they've created. I still play it occasionally.

I must have started playing around the time you left. In the time I’ve been playing, mage has never had a deck above meh level.

I must have started playing around the time you left. In the time I’ve been playing, mage has never had a deck above meh level.

There was a brief time where aggro mage was top tier because it was one of the best counters to Warlock.

I've reached the point of going through the motions. I'll log-in once a day to complete a quest and that's really it. I didn't even play Standard this month! I hit rank 5 early on with Even Shaman in Wild. I guess I'm just waiting for the next expansion, and that's probably 1.5 months away.

The good news, thanks to Toki, is that I am prepared (take that Illidan) for when that set drops: 8.3k gold and 14k dust in the reserves FTW.

In the interim, I'll just play more Diablo 2.

I've reached the point of going through the motions. I'll log-in once a day to complete a quest and that's really it. I didn't even play Standard this month! I hit rank 5 early on with Even Shaman in Wild. I guess I'm just waiting for the next expansion, and that's probably 1.5 months away.

The good news, thanks to Toki, is that I am prepared (take that Illidan) for when that set drops: 8.3k gold and 14k dust in the reserves FTW.

In the interim, I'll just play more Diablo 2.

That's kind of where I'm at. I was in Chicago this week for business and we had to do an icebreaker where we talk about something we're in to. I said Hearthstone and a few other people said they played. It was fun to see their faces when I told them I'm rank 5 :)

Back