• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

What is priest losing in the rotation?

This OTK deck is nasty. I just had a turn 7 OTK with opponent at full health.

Turn 6, spell that summoned 5/5 radiant. Opponent left it up.
Turn 7, coin, 8 mana cloning gallery, 0 mana vivid nightmare to copy Velen. 0 mana - 40 damage mind blast.

What is priest losing in the rotation?

This OTK deck is nasty. I just had a turn 7 OTK with opponent at full health.

Turn 6, spell that summoned 5/5 radiant. Opponent left it up.
Turn 7, coin, 8 mana cloning gallery, 0 mana vivid nightmare to copy Velen. 0 mana - 40 damage mind blast.

I've been seeing Wall Priest moreso than that deck of late.

It's super annoying that Skulking Geist was a card created to counter Inner Fire and Jades. So what does blizzard do? Give priest a different type of inner fire that costs 0.

I think Rogue is also well positioned for post-rotation viability. And it doesn’t hurt that they’ve historically owned Priests.

Here’s a checklist of little things to do before rotation (like leave an arena at X-2, and a HOF dust guide)

Got my golden Paladin.

Golden Portraits: Hunter, Druid, Mage, Paladin
Remaining: Shaman (484), Warlock (338), Priest (335), Warrior (332), Rogue (326).

I know I started playing later than most of y'all, but this is just depressing:

Golden Portraits: Hunter (1010)
Remaining: Rogue (256), Paladin (227), Priest (213), Warrior (197), Druid (81), Warlock (76), Shaman (25), Mage (11)

I also basically haven't even played as hunter during this period where hunter has been the most dominant class!

And yes, I hate it when I get the mage quest. I still haven't found a mage deck that I like much.

"depressing" all in the eye of the beholder. I've got >5500 play mode wins and >2400 arena wins. Many would consider that depressing.

I had a sick warlock deck that was 11-1, but I was unable to get to 12. Had Lord Godfrey, Jarraxus and a couple demonbolts.

I watched some of the card reveal stream and it was embarrassing. “Small indie company” makes big money, fires a bunch of staff, and then the reveal stream has a bunch of bug issues. Having said that, the card quality has me excited and I’m looking forward to this warrior bomb deck.

Finally, the spell version of Dirty Rat!

hdvTief.png

The combo disruption is strong in this set.

Given that we are about to have a lot of legendaries rotate out, I wanted to take a look at the ones we are losing and see what I'm going to miss out of everything disappearing.

The I will miss you list

Elise the Trailmaker: This was a fun card. It was never a must include in any deck but it was a why not include in any deck I can. It was very rarely a win condition but it was always a WHEEEE moment when I drew and opened the pack.

Deathstalker Rexxar: Probably the card I will miss the most. This was my free death knight from the expansion and I remember being upset at getting it because I really wanted Jaina. Then I played him, and oh man was he fun.

Frost Lich Jaina: The death knight card I wanted more than anything and I finally got her. She did not disappoint and I always enjoyed playing decks with her.

The, wait, you were a legendary? list

Hemet, Jungle Hunter: I only ever saw this card in OTK decks. Gross.

Moorabi: Aside from an evolve or a discovery via Sindragosa, I don't think I ever saw this card used.

Prince Valanar: Oh yeah, there was a 4 cost version of this. I think I saw Kibler play it once.

The I wish I had crafted this list

Dragoncaller Alana: As much as I love playing mage, I never had this card and I really wish I had. She was never in a top tier deck but every time she came it, it was pretty much game over at that point.

Rotface: I don't think Rotface ever made it in to a top tier deck but I loved watching matches with Rotface. Especially when Rotface made another Rotface.

Lyra, the Sunshard: Probably my biggest regret. I never had a lot of the great priest cards but Lyra just looked insanely fun. I did play her a few times with evolve shaman and that was always a good time.

The fuck off and die list

The Caverns Below: There was always an audible groan or an eye roll whenever my opponent played this card. It was nerfed twice, making it the first card to be nerfed more than once. Everyone hated it but the top players kept playing it because they could win with it. Seriously, this card is shit.

Hadronox: Oh look. Druids have a deck that involves drawing your deck and winning. Something new and different for them. You are the reason I mostly played mage and shaman during your height just so I could fuck with your resurrections.

King Togwaggle: See above post about Hadronox. Why don't you fucking learn how to play a real deck already Druid?

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - WOTOG - April 26th

Kingsbane was definitely my favorite card rotating out. I really enjoyed playing those decks when they weren’t meta. When Raiding Party came out it made it too easy and kinda killed it for me but it was definitely my favorite prior to that. I’ll also really miss Fal’dorei Strider.

I’ll miss well balanced neutrals: Fire Fly, Tar Creeper, Stonehill Defender.

Druid was my favorite class prior to Frozen Throne. Ultimate Infestation and Spreading Plague might be the two most broken cards in the history of the game and I will be glad to never see them in Standard again.

It may have never been super popular in the meta, but I -hated- playing against Explosive Runes.

Looking at the rotation list, Warrior and Shaman have had a really terrible year. Their cards leaving Standard all suck.

Back