• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

I think I may have beaten him once. I've had the most luck against The Darkness. I'm 0-fer against the other ones.

King Togwaggle seems impossible - perhaps if you have a finely tuned aggro deck?

I forget how it played out, but he's who I beat to finish shammy. I had the add-three-secrets passive, and got mana-bind, which gave me something awesome of his. I really ought to stream these by default.

If turnout at the Fireside Gathering tonight is low, I may just end up drinking beer doing dungeon runs.

Turns out a Turn One 10/10 with Stealth is prettttttttty good /Kripp

qulOOXr.png

Easiest final boss I've yet to experience.

ltLh2AP.png

My 4-0 warlock deck has just a little bit of removal: 2x defile, 2x twisting nether, 1x shadowflame, 1x felfire potion, 1x abyssal, and two of those new spellstones.

Has anyone played the Treasure Vault? I think that's the only boss I've yet to face.

Oddly, I met Tad, AF Kay, and Bink the Burgler all for the first time yesterday. I think those four compromise the 'rare' encounters.

I've only tried three runs to this point (3 wins with hunter, 4 wins with warrior, and 6 with shaman), but I think this expansion adds a ton to the game. I have not put a dime into this game, but would have gladly paid for this mode.

There's lot of easter eggs in it, and I like the boss rotations. I think I've fought all the bosses but that treasure room. (have done about 20 runs or so, have four heroes completed)
I didn't even know about forging the weapon until my buddy did it, and I had been ignoring those upgrade options because on their own they are meh.

Victory!

A3jHUHi.png

Bosses defeated with each class before clearing the Dungeon:

Druid 28
Hunter 17
Mage 16
Paladin 35
Priest 45
Rogue 32
Shaman 8
Warlock 8
Warrior 8

Gotta say dungeon run has been more fun than I expected. Still haven't beaten an 8 boss run. Got there with a pretty weak Warlock deck last night. And I got there with a super fun Mage deck that let me pick basically an Arcane Giant package every turn. Only lost to the last boss cause I drew literally everything else besides giants that fight.

No fucking way. Some games I just get totally shat upon by RNG, is there really that much of a skill difference? I've one-shot 2 of 6 so far, and got one on the 2nd try.

I had the same reaction - He used a bunch of different accounts.

More info here.

To clarify, on one account he completed the dungeon run with all 9 classes without losing a single time. He failed the attempt a lot of times beforehand and therefor switched to new accounts quite frequently, which is perfectly allowed if you read the rules for the challenge.

If you play enough of these dungeon runs, you're bound to hit the nuts every once in awhile.

Last night as Rogue, I was offered, and only picked, Deathrattle or C'Thun buckets. I also got to double my battlecries, all my minions had +1/+1, and I got two Dr. Boom Boxes (for more deathrattle synergy!).

Between Baron Rivendare/Spiritsinger Umbra/Carnivorous Cube...I always had a full board and a full hand. And if I didn't win by turn 10, I was usually dropping a 30+ damage C'Thun. I didn't screenshot the decklist, but it sure felt like the best dungeon deck I had ever played.

Is it just me or does it not feel there are any must have legendaries from this expansion. I can't decide if that's good or boring design.

That said, I'm thinking about crafting Dragoncaller Alana. Control mage I think has a lot of potential and could be really powerful.

I'd argue good design: without any obvious OP legendaries, there's more room for experimentation, more room for viable meta decks, but of course...Blizzard makes more money off users because they are unlikely to have most of the cards.

I have to remind myself to wait at least two weeks before crafting anything, though. Maybe even a month. Everything will continue to be in flux, but tier 1 crafts will become apparent over time.

Although, I will say crafting 2x Corridor Creeper (if you didn't unpack them) seems pretty safe...

I'd argue good design: without any obvious OP legendaries, there's more room for experimentation, more room for viable meta decks, but of course...Blizzard makes more money off users because they are unlikely to have most of the cards.

I have to remind myself to wait at least two weeks before crafting anything, though. Maybe even a month. Everything will continue to be in flux, but tier 1 crafts will become apparent over time.

Although, I will say crafting 2x Corridor Creeper (if you didn't unpack them) seems pretty safe...

I was thinking that too. Corridor Creeper seems very strong and I'll probably end up crafting them at some point. I think would agree about good design. So far, there don't seem to be any overwhelming decks at this point. Balance is always a good thing.

I feel like I'm going to end up playing a lot of Hunter this expansion. I've gotten 3 of the 4 Hunter legendaries from the last two expansions (missing only the Hunter weapon).

Back