• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - WOTOG - April 26th

Decided to try to climb some this month. Aggressive decks are really strong on the ladder this week. I did rank 18 to 7 with Zoo, didn’t track stats but it took only a few hours.

From 7 to 5 I played Odd Paladin for the first time the night before the nerf and went 16-6.

At 5, post nerfs, I played around with quest rogue and went 4-6. Couple losses were just misplays, it’s pretty difficult to pilot which makes it fun to play in spite of how un-fun it is to play against. This deck is alive for sure but probably more of a tournament tech.

After bottoming out at rank 5 I switched to odd rogue and I think I’m 24-8 (75%), sitting at rank 2 + 2 stars. Viable against hunters and crushes a lot of the decks trying to target hunters.

Last edited:
Made legend tonight. Not sure of my exact stats because I split time across multiple devices but I was in airports all day on my laptop/phone so had plenty of time to play games. Went 26-14 with rogue last night/today on the laptop, probably about the same on the games I played on my phone. Desktop at home was roughly the same -- I hit a bad pocket in the meta next time I played after my previous post and lost 3 or 4 consecutive games, ended up switching around decks between Cubelock, Hunter, Even lock, etc. that night and tanking back to rank 4. Gotta remember to just walk away when you're trying to climb and aren't feeling it/start to tilt. I'd estimate 65% win rate for the season with Odd Rogue.

When I hit legend last summer it took 351 games... I think it was quite a few less games this time around, probably around 200 if I had to guess. Felt much more attainable and would have probably been 30-40 less if I hadn't tilted back down to rank 4 in that one hour or two.

il9feu.jpg

Deck in case anyone is interested:
### aggressive
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Cold Blood
# 1x (1) Crystallizer
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 2x (1) Dire Mole
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (3) Hench-Clan Thug
# 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (3) Vicious Fledgling
# 1x (3) Void Ripper
# 1x (5) Cobalt Scalebane
# 2x (5) Fungalmancer
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (5) Myra's Unstable Element
# 2x (5) Vilespine Slayer
# 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
#
AAECAaIHBq8EyssC/eoCnvgC5/oC+v4CDIwCywPUBfUF3QiBwgKfwgLrwgLKwwLR4QKL5QKm7wIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Just picked up my Paladin golden portrait. Only five more to go, sitting on these win totals...

Druid: 352 wins
Hunter: 256 wins
Mage: 278 wins
Rogue: 213 wins
Warlock: 362 wins

my life has been too hectic to get much playing in. and getting a ps4 and playing some diablo 3 didn't help. Hopefully I can get more into this set sometime soon. Could yall recommend any fun and/or simple decks to ease back into it?

This week's brawl is neat: you can only use cards from Goblins vs. Gnomes, The Grand Tournament, The Witchwood, and Boomsday. Whizbang is not allowed, nor are basic/classic cards.

My mind immediately went to Genn/Baku decks, since they're still in play. I cobbled together an Odd Paladin with Warhorse Trainer, Quartermaster, a bunch of Mechs, and Dr. Boom as the zenith. It'll be interesting to see how this mini-meta evolves.

I only played two games with it but ran into mech odd warrior (playing my own mech odd warrior) and mech hunter. It's a cool idea but now that I've won my pack, I'm done.

Been playing a big spell mage to have some fun lately. In 18 games, I've played Sindragosa maybe 6 or 7 times? And 3 times I've hit Grumble as one of the legendaries off the tokens.

Twice it has totally turned the game from a possible losing position. Been recording my games to rewatch for mistakes but might end up with a Grumble highlight reel.

I got a golden Lady Liadrin today for leveling a new character in World of Warcraft to level 20. That was a pretty nice surprise.

Yeah!

I've only played WoW once, and it was over a couple day period to get that hero portrait. I can definitely see why that is cited as one of the greatest games of all time, and how it can be a complete time suck.

I opened a bwonsamdi (sp?) yesterday. Any cool priest decks that make it work?

Nerfs incoming:

Cold Blood now 2 mana
Flametongue now 3
Equality now 4
Hunter's Mark now 2 (nerfed again!)
Hunter Spellstone now 6

Meh.

I'd rather Blizzard do something about the amount of otk/combo decks I keep running in to. Priest and Paladin each have two. Warlock has one but it's less common. Druid also has one but it's also lost favor since the Druid nerfs.

I don't mind the flametongue nerf or spellstone, but the others kind of annoy me.

I don't mind the flametongue nerf or spellstone, but the others kind of annoy me.

Blizzard kind of shot themselves in the foot with Genn and Baku. While they create interesting decks, they have to take that into account for EVERY SINGLE nerf now. Hence why equality is 4 and not 3.

I've been corrupted! Send me a friendly request if you want this cardback:

W0AwZaV.png

Tricky Blizzard - once you earn the card back, it's automatically selected as your favorite and becomes your default. I imagine everyone will have this cardback by the end of the day.

Last edited:
Back