• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

There’s at least four [debatably] oppressive Druid combo decks in Wild that all use the Aviana/Kun package. That combo has warped the meta so much that nearly everyone is running Dirty Rat.

This is my first run, but I remembered aggro being really strong in dual class, so I went Paladin w Hunter hero power. I recommend it for easy and fast wins. Especially when early on, people are probably drafting bad control decks.

Should I post about playing on Kripp's stream as my "close brushes with fame?"

A little late, but I think the game could really use something new other than expansions. I tend to go in and out of interest, so the fact that Boomsday didn’t move the needle for me isn’t THAT crazy. Neither did K&C.

But something like tournament mode would have breathed some life into the game, big time. Ladder changes have been good but it doesn’t make the game more interesting for experienced players.

Past two months I’ve logged in when I’m bored and really only played one deck — Kingsbane rogue, which I love. But last month when I almost didn’t even play enough for the cardback, I kinda felt for the first time that the game might have lost its luster.

I think a lot of it too is that Boomsday didn't really change things THAT much. The decks that were good in Witchwood are mostly still good now.

Also, I didn't realize the nerfs were hitting so soon.

Someone on reddit said it the best: now that Giggling Inventor has been nerfed, did Boomsday even happen?

Yeah the stream is somewhere lots of pages back. Same with the time I played Forsen. Beat Forsen in constructed. Lost to Kripp in arena.

I used to love playing freeze mage. I think because I was so comfortable with it and liked navigating all the turns with drawing and keeping the right cards in hand. Such a great feeling to bear aggro decks and hit em with the BMs. Now that I don't really have that in standard anymore, I don't really have a go-to deck that I always enjoy.

Hoping for a lot more fun deck archetypes out of future expansions. Boomsday was a big letdown.

It took me 4.5 years, but I can finally face Jaraxxus, Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion!

M5P6Ez1.png

Thanks for the pack, Headless Horseman.

I just went on a Wild (no pun intended) win streak, going from 8 to Dad Legend without losing. The final boss was the most satisfying win; a Big Priest who coined Barnes into Y'Shaarj on turn 3, for the ultimate "for fuck's sake". My list:

### Oddly Satisfying
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Buccaneer
# 2x (1) Cold Blood
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (1) Swashburglar
# 2x (3) Argent Horserider
# 2x (3) Hench-Clan Thug
# 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 2x (3) Southsea Captain
# 1x (3) Void Ripper
# 1x (5) Cobalt Scalebane
# 2x (5) Dark Iron Skulker
# 2x (5) Fungalmancer
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 2x (5) Vilespine Slayer
# 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
#
AAEBAYO6AgavBPoOkbwCyssC/eoCnvgCDIwCqAXUBd0I8xG6E5sVkrYCgcIC68IC0eECpu8CAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I unlocked my Priest Golden Portrait! Someone direct me to my imaginary bonus points for doing it with Shadowreaper Anduin, and while dispatching Priest's ultimate nemesis, Rogue.

sRjULVq.png

NCtF2DT.png

9lF8AVy.png

I’m getting back into arena before RR drops. What are the dominant classes these days? OP neutral cards?

I’m getting back into arena before RR drops. What are the dominant classes these days? OP neutral cards?

tbh i play, but less than I used to. I think Warlock is pretty strong, and Rogue is always good. Hunter I think is decent after the giggling inventor nerf.

I think warrior is supposed to be in better shape than it has been.

Back