• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Haven't been playing at all. Probably longest stretch since I started. Kinda freeing to not be obsessed logging in everyday.

lol at the tournament mode delay. how fucking hard can it be? It's gonna be hilarious when it gets pushed to 2020.

Love this week's Tavern Brawl. I'm going to try and win with all 9 DKs.

...not looking forward to Garrosh, though.

Edit: Well, it was fun early afternoon Wednesday. Now it's just Jaina vs. Jaina in 'how many things can I get to one health and ping' contests.

Last edited:
Just to try to ladder fast before end of season, so yeah aggro or face. I’ll try those. Thanks

I wasn't really trying to ladder at all, but I had a warrior quest, so I started playing some odd warrior yesterday at the rank 5 floor. Even though the games take an eternity, I kept winning, so it looks like I'll finish this season at rank 4 and almost made it to rank 3.

Im a sucker for deals. For $4.99, I got Malygos (400 dust), Grommash (1600 if i decide to dust golden copy), and 3 epics. Not bad, not bad.

Dual arena coming back. I think I remember enjoying it. Hope it will be good for rewards/gold.

easy peasy

9LrJfxz.jpg

Is this game already in trouble? I'm not seeing many streamers play these days and I know some big names (savjz) have moved on. Brode left and took some developers with him. Magnetic is kinda boring. Thoughts?

I still enjoy the game immensely, and I’ll continue playing long past most others.

But I am fucking annoyed that they’re making a big deal out of the Art of Hearthstone book now (again). They couldn’t get their shit together for a year and a half, and now I’m not getting it out of spite.

In arena, is coin>Edwin always the play on turn 2 for the 4/4 or do you go greedier?

Is this game already in trouble? I'm not seeing many streamers play these days and I know some big names (savjz) have moved on. Brode left and took some developers with him. Magnetic is kinda boring. Thoughts?

It needs something more revolutionary than just new cards every 4 months. I've had some friends get bored and I haven't had any urges to climb the ladder. I just play fun/odd decks and do quests.

Blizzard is tossing the nerf football around today.

Giggling Inventor now costs 7.
Mana Wyrm now costs 2.
Aviana now costs 10.

Individual card changes aside, they seem so sloppy and inconsistent in nerf decisions and their stated reasoning. My frustration is when that creates these weird situations like having 3-mana weapons that are strictly better than fiery war axe. Or now you have Dr. Boom vs. Giggling Inventor at 7 mana.

Now we have these other weird situations where you can't nerf a card by 1 mana because of Odd/Even implications.

I still play off and on and find it OK. Tend to like the Tavern Brawls better than ladder play. My biggest issue with this game (and it has always been my issue) is that the luck/strategy balance is WAY too far on the luck side.

These nerfs are kinda weird. Giggling Inventor, I can see why that one was nerfed. And I don't play any Wild so I don't know about the Aviana issue but that's hardly new. The Mana Wyrm one is weird though.

Back