• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Because I'm a tech noob, i procrastinated trying the decktracker and sync with HS replay. Finally set it up and its awesome. With a burn deck, its obviously great to know what your chance of topdecking fireball is. Also, very cool to be able to go back and watch losses and improve play.

Wife is out of town for 4 days so I'll be neglecting my kids and crushing warlocks on ladder all weekend. If anyone wants to co-op an arena or playtest wild decks for the event, let me know.

My daughter and I were playing some Control Mage this morning. She really likes bamming the bad guy in the face and killing the bad guys and getting a new water guy. She does not like getting bammed in the face.

My son loves hunter and its hero power for a similar reason.

It's pretty neat that Duskbreaker is available 100% of the time from Netherspite Historian.

Wife is out of town for 4 days so I'll be neglecting my kids and crushing warlocks on ladder all weekend. If anyone wants to co-op an arena or playtest wild decks for the event, let me know.

In true dad legend spirit, I crushed it. Solo-parented from Friday am to Tuesday evening. Reached dad legend with murloc paladin and had this beauty. Cards you can't see: Holy Fire, Psychic Scream, Free from Amber, Primordial Drake, Deathwing, 2x Mind Control.

2zrpzj8.jpg

Congratulations! That's so awesome. You were feeling the flow this weekend!

Would you mind sharing your Murloc list? I'm also playing that archetype, but I'm only up to 7. I've also managed to hit 9 in Wild with Aggro Shaman - maybe this is the month I 2x Dad Legend.

I got the Dungeon Run quest today. Inside my pack was Alexstrasza. Happy Valentine's Day to me.

I was running Val'anyr because it's a great curve-topping card, but stopped using it because everyone is playing 2+ silences in their decks.

Thanks, Cubelocks.

I was running Val'anyr because it's a great curve-topping card, but stopped using it because everyone is playing 2+ silences in their decks.

Thanks, Cubelocks.

Seems like a win more card, but I could be wrong. Just don't see it enough on ladder to know its utility.

Thanks, Cubelocks.

I can't remember the last time I saw a Cube on board. They just get dark pacted right away.

Seems like a win more card, but I could be wrong. Just don't see it enough on ladder to know its utility.

It was card number 29 or 30 in my Aggro and Murloc Paladins. But I like it because of its flexibility,

1) It's a weapon, which is a valuable tool for aggressive decks.
2) It's beefy - it can clear larger taunts or threats, or provide good face damage.
3) It can provide recurring value when you've spent your resources. This is especially important when you're trying to steal games from control decks (this is the main reason I added it to my decks) or if you've reached a stalemate in the mirror match.
4) It's almost never a dead card, and thus, usually a decent top deck.
5) Landing the deathrattle on a charge minion is nuts.
6) Since you're running several other weapons, you can combo the deathrattle without two swings if necessary.

The downside is its high-cost and how it gets wrekt by silence. Since most dedicated aggressive decks wouldn't care about the deathrattle, I understand why this isn't a popular inclusion - I used it more as a tech card for the meta I was experiencing.

It's pretty neat that Duskbreaker is available 100% of the time from Netherspite Historian.

:cool:

You just have to give in and play it. I started playing this control dragon priest and it seems really good in this meta. Lots of tools for dealing with both aggro and control. And netherspite is 95% discover Ysera/Duskbreaker/Operative.

Here is the decklist:
http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/chunchunners-1-legend-post-nerf-control-dragon-priest-february-2018/

:cool:

You just have to give in and play it. I started playing this control dragon priest and it seems really good in this meta. Lots of tools for dealing with both aggro and control. And netherspite is 95% discover Ysera/Duskbreaker/Operative.

Here is the decklist:
http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/chunchunners-1-legend-post-nerf-control-dragon-priest-february-2018/

I just won 10 in a row to go from 14 to 10 with a Dragon Priest deck. I'm running a spiteful version however.

There is so much variation in the kinds of Priest decks you can run right now. I don't know that I recall a class having that many archetypes in a specific meta.

There is so much variation in the kinds of Priest decks you can run right now. I don't know that I recall a class having that many archetypes in a specific meta.

I'd agree with that although I haven't seen a single Highlander priest since the nerf. I played mostly priests in my run and they seemed to be the inner fire combo type. Once you realize that, it was pretty easy to control the board to make sure they don't get the combo off. And near the end when they throw down big minions with a lot of health, you can just Mind Control them away.

I generally hate most of the reddit bitching, but I could really go for some more information about the event next week, or at least a teaser for the next expansion release.

I just played a 0-0 arena game where I had an Y'Shaarj still in my deck, discovered one from Free From Amber and stole one from opponent with an Operative. lol

Back