• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest - Louisville Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a pretty first half, but we're still in the game.

Wolford is not good. It's very obvious. He can't create, is not elusive, and makes some bad decisions. Not all his fault by any means, but I would give someone else a shot. The offense couldn't be much worse.

Typical deacon fan reaction. I believe the kid is pretty damn good, but with no running back that can break a tackle, a line that is probably as bad as any in the nation and nothing special as a receiver, he has done a good job to still be standing.

We should be winning this game. I do like that we are trying something different in the "run" game. and we have done better.

At game, no WFU fans. QB is tiny. Bad play calling. No screens. Nice D.

Louisville isn't playing very well. Wake is only down 4 at the half. Clawson is an awesome coach who wants to win and isn't afraid to get fired up. I couldn't be happier, all things considered. And fuck the "clawson picks grass" tagger

I think people ought to be patient with the staff this season. We have very very few options on offense, and Claw is trying to provide a foundation for the offense he's always run rather than make quick fixes like Grobo. I've said this before, but wunderkind John Mackovic came in and went 1-10 his first season with Chuck Mills's players. But people could see some progress. The next season, he went 8-3 with a Tangerine Bowl berth. Not saying Clawson will do that, but it's often the case that a bad team will remain bad under new management for a while. We have, like, 3 decent receivers and 1 serviceable RB, Robinson. No impact players at all. The OL is beyond pathetic and we have to run between the tackles because if we run outside we'll get thrown for big losses. There's really no quick fix. So we just have to stomach this year and hope for miracles.

I think people ought to be patient with the staff this season. We have very very few options on offense, and Claw is trying to provide a foundation for the offense he's always run rather than make quick fixes like Grobo. I've said this before, but wunderkind John Mackovic came in and went 1-10 his first season with Chuck Mills's players. But people could see some progress. The next season, he went 8-3 with a Tangerine Bowl berth. Not saying Clawson will do that, but it's often the case that a bad team will remain bad under new management for a while. We have, like, 3 decent receivers and 1 serviceable RB, Robinson. No impact players at all. The OL is beyond pathetic and we have to run between the tackles because if we run outside we'll get thrown for big losses. There's really no quick fix. So we just have to stomach this year and hope for miracles.

Look at NCSU last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back