• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

A&M now has the #2 recruiting class in the country. How the hell is that even possible? Kennedy hasn't accomplished anything there.

A&M now has the #2 recruiting class in the country. How the hell is that even possible? Kennedy hasn't accomplished anything there.

New Conference + Rick Stansbury + TAMU's overall athletic resurgence

johnnyDOLLARS_medium.gif

New Conference + Rick Stansbury + TAMU's overall athletic resurgence

I mean they've been in the SEC for almost 3 years now and Kennedy's previous 3 classes weren't anything special. A&M's athletic resurgence really only pertains to football. Even when they were winning Turgeon would constantly complain about attendance so most A&M fans couldn't care less about basketball. Turgeon and Gillespie never recruited this well and they've accomplished far more than Kennedy has.

Is Stansbury really this much of an X factor even though he didn't recruit that well at S. Car nor has he been an assistant at a big time program?

Idk seems fishy to me

Stansbury was the coach at Mississippi State, and I'm too lazy to look up their names but he got some good recruits while there.

Stansbury is an excellent recruiter. Mediocre game coach. Similar to Dino.

College will go to a 30 second shot clock in the next two or three years which will appreciably change the tempo.

College will go to a 30 second shot clock in the next two or three years which will appreciably change the tempo.

30 second shot clock, 8 second back court, ditch the 5 second closely guarded rule. Jump balls instead of the possession arrow. 2 year minimum before players jump to the NBA. Don't expand the tournament field. That's my wish list.

If you remember Stansbury was offered the Clemson job and accepted then it was a mutual decline. I believe there is a bit of a question mark there in terms of recruiting.

"One of the top high-academic prospects in the country, 2016 Boys’ Latin (Md.) wing Kodye Pugh was impressive, showing great development since last year’s event. Standing 6-foot-7 and carrying a 3.89 GPA, Pugh holds offers from Georgetown, Temple, Northwestern, Rice, Princeton, and George Mason while being actively recruited by more than a dozen other programs. The junior showed off solid ball handling skills and was extremely active on both ends of the floor. With some added strength, Pugh appears he could be next in the line of skilled forwards out of Baltimore."

-link

Back