• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Nothing wrong with a backup PG who can shoot. We wish Mad Jones could hit 8 threes in a half.
BChill's offer list will improve based off his play with HPW. It would be nice to get on the front end of that though.

Nothing wrong with a backup PG who can shoot. We wish Mad Jones could hit 8 threes in a half.
BChill's offer list will improve based off his play with HPW. It would be nice to get on the front end of that though.

I wish Mad Jones could hit 1 three in half a season.

I wish Mad Jones could hit 1 three in half a season.
Ha, he made 2 all of last season, against Colgate and The Citadel. Didn't even attempt one 3 over the final 24 games of the season. Pretty damn impressive for a guard who got pretty regular minutes.

For those who have seen him play, how does Brandon compare to Taron Downey?

I'm sure this has been posted before but the dunks @ :18, :45, 1:15, & 1:36 are special. He displays pretty good handles and jumper mixed in the highlight reel of dunks.

Some nice improv stuff at the end of this one (2:57 mark).

Sorry, Biff, I really like your posts, but I did indeed ask whether Childress was #2 player in his class. It was posted that he was, which I found surprising. The person just meant that he was the #2 player in his class to Wake Forest behind Rodney Rogers. I had forgotten that Rogers and Childress were in the same class, which would have made it more understandable. Rj really just provided a simple answer to the question. rj has his quirks for sure, but he's a good guy who is willing to help out Wake grads and who knows a good deal about hoops. People need to lay off him a little imho.

how could a wake fan forget rodney and chill were in the same class?

how could a wake fan forget rodney and chill were in the same class?

Depends on when they started following Wake hoops. Rodney and Chill both came in 1990, but Chill was injured and didn't play in 91-92, Rodney left after 93, and Chill's last year was 95.

Kid looks like he jumps...then somehow hits an invisible platform halfway up and jumps again...

Co-worker just got back from hearing DM speak at a lunch. Had good things to say about him, I asked about a few things and some of the highlights in regards to recruiting were (all secondhand, so maybe someone who was there can add on)...

- When asked if recruiting at Wake was different from Tulsa, he said that at Tulsa they targeted 125-200 ranked players and at Wake they are targeting 1-50 ranked recruits because that is who they will be playing against.

- Said he would love and wants one and done's

- Said we have the 16th ranked class coming in

Kid looks like he jumps...then somehow hits an invisible platform halfway up and jumps again...

008.png

Back