• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Comments in Greensboro Today

FWIW, DM wasn't all that energetic in his prepared remarks. He was very good in Q & A.

Haven't seen him in person, but from all the clips I've seen he's very low-key, particularly like you said when he's reading or going off notes. But when he gets to just answer questions about basketball he's got a kind of subdued energy that I appreciate.

Good info. Thanks for posting. Sounds like a major upgrade from prior regime.

Haven't seen him in person, but from all the clips I've seen he's very low-key, particularly like you said when he's reading or going off notes. But when he gets to just answer questions about basketball he's got a kind of subdued energy that I appreciate.

This is what he was like yesterday. Nice sense of humor, too.

What are you, some kind of Aycock expert?

Let's just say that Stratt knows his way around Aycock.

There is not Aycock in Greensboro that Stratt doesn't know up one side and down the other.

I mean, I'm sure he loves Aycock more than just about anyone - but isn't coming during regular school hours frowned upon?

Well played guys. But seriously, I teach at Aycock Middle.

What are you, some kind of Aycock expert?

Let's just say that Stratt knows his way around Aycock.

There is not Aycock in Greensboro that Stratt doesn't know up one side and down the other.

I mean, I'm sure he loves Aycock more than just about anyone - but isn't coming during regular school hours frowned upon?

That's strattocaster, his bro

And you can afford a maple refrigerator? What are these teachers complaining about?

@Biff....Butthead

Wait, let's get back to the fact that the Stratts are teaching the children of Greensboro. Man, that Greensboro is one fucked up place.

Black and orange. Have had a few great athletes come through here. Our latest was Lorenzo Featherston, who is playing for fsu this season.

Someone asked him "where if not for Kansas?" He said UNC, State, or Cincy in no particular order. He also said he's found himself randomly driving to Greensboro since he's been back. He's wandered through the Page gym, Lewis center/safetytown, Joyner elementary, Aycock middle, etc.
I played some pick up games at Lewis Center with him about 35 years ago.

Some dufus asked who are third scorer would be behind Devin and Travis. Poster? Coach responded, "well Travis is gone, but we hope to have a balanced attack."

Good to know at least one of the founding fathers of ogboards.com was in attendance

Nice to actually see that he is putting some thought, personality, and honesty into answering questions. It may get him into trouble a time or two down the road, but it is certainly more insightful than coach speak, or worse, administration speak.

Back