• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Net Neutrality - thoughts?

Good explanation of why government goons should be in charge of the internet.

So many problems that one solution takes care of, huh? And since government will never go away, you will always have a position on every issue. That way you don't really have to think or have...wait for it.....nuance. You can just bang on every problem with your 'blame gubmit' hammer.

So many problems that one solution takes care of, huh? And since government will never go away, you will always have a position on every issue. That way you don't really have to think or have...wait for it.....nuance. You can just bang on every problem with your 'blame gubmit' hammer.

Health care and education would be far better in this country if they were controlled by the free market. I hope I don't have to say the same thing about the internet ten years from now.

HC is controlled by the free market. That's why get so much less for double the price of other countries.

As to free market for education, there are thousands of places in the US where it would terrible business to open for profit schools. Basically you are saying fuck you to kids all over this country.

Finland....Korea....you know places with highly paid teachers and totally socialized education.

Or probably any environment where a 1:1 instructor-student ratio exists.

At home, then. Kids would probably learn more at home on the internet than at a desk in a government school where they are probably also on the internet. At least until the government takes over the internet. Or the home.

At home, then. Kids would probably learn more at home on the internet than at a desk in a government school where they are probably also on the internet. At least until the government takes over the internet. Or the home.

WITH A GUN

No, I like it. No schools, no government, no problems. Nothing but private sector as far as the eye can see.

I see it, and it's beautiful.

No, I like it. No schools, no government, no problems. Nothing but private sector as far as the eye can see.

Don't be a fucking idiot. We need government. To protect personal property.

Have government schools if you want them. No one is trying to stop you from paying for government schools and sending your children there. I would just like for you to let me pay for the school I want to send my children to instead of being forced to pay for the school you want for yours. Maybe my wife and I would like to have one of us home school the children instead of both parents being forced to work to pay high taxes for your communal world. Your communal world just is not working very well. Time to move in a different direction.

Have government schools if you want them. No one is trying to stop you from paying for government schools and sending your children there. I would just like for you to let me pay for the school I want to send my children to instead of being forced to pay for the school you want for yours. Maybe my wife and I would like to have one of us home school the children instead of both parents being forced to work to pay high taxes for your communal world. Your communal world just is not working very well. Time to move in a different direction.

My communal world is not working well compared to what?

Everyone else's communal world?

Back