• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Net Neutrality - thoughts?

Your description of "freedom"equals destroying our economy and national defense. You should really live on an island where you don't benefit from the roads we are "compelled"to build and maintain.

You shouldn't be allowed to use any utility system that we are "compelled" to help pay for.

You are one of the ultimate takers. You are happy to take the benefits of living in a modern society but don't want to pay for them.

I really don't think tjcmd is a parody. I think he is another poster, but I don't think he is intending to be a parody.

Have government schools if you want them. No one is trying to stop you from paying for government schools and sending your children there. I would just like for you to let me pay for the school I want to send my children to instead of being forced to pay for the school you want for yours. Maybe my wife and I would like to have one of us home school the children instead of both parents being forced to work to pay high taxes for your communal world. Your communal world just is not working very well. Time to move in a different direction.

Time for you to move in a different direction? Be our guest, I bet you could get away with not paying taxes if you went far north enough in Alaska.

Or were you suggesting that it was time for all of us to communally move in a different direction?

Your description of "freedom"equals destroying our economy and national defense. You should really live on an island where you don't benefit from the roads we are "compelled"to build and maintain.

You shouldn't be allowed to use any utility system that we are "compelled" to help pay for.

You are one of the ultimate takers. You are happy to take the benefits of living in a modern society but don't want to pay for them.

RJ is not a taker. He is a generous giver. He recognizes the wonderful benefits he derives from paying high taxes and would do so happily even if no one forced him to do it. RJ and I could maybe agree that you do not have to force people to pay for things that benefit them. You may have to cut off the benefits if they don't pay. That way no one has to fight anyone else. And RJ hates unnecessary roughness.

People from the old board might remember RoboHeel. tjcmd would be a good candidate for that treatment.

Reactions: ONW
RJ is not a taker. He is a generous giver. He recognizes the wonderful benefits he derives from paying high taxes and would do so happily even if no one forced him to do it. RJ and I could maybe agree that you do not have to force people to pay for things that benefit them. You may have to cut off the benefits if they don't pay. That way no one has to fight anyone else. And RJ hates unnecessary roughness.

Our concepts of what "force" is legitimate are grossly different.

Hold up. Is he Moonz?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...a852e6-6aaf-11e4-a31c-77759fc1eacc_story.html

When Cruz, Perry, and Bachmann think something is a bad idea, I know it is a good idea.

In the past, such a person would have to know the right people and raise substantial start-up capital to get a brick-and-mortar store running. Not anymore. The Internet is the great equalizer when it comes to jobs and opportunity. We should make a commitment, right now, to keep it that way.

I.... I'm so confused.

AL FOR THE WIN:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/17/politics/franken-net-neutrality/

" Sen. Ted Cruz, who argued net neutrality is like "Obamacare for the Internet" doesn't understand the issue, according to Sen. Al Franken.

The Minnesota Democrat suggested Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" that the analogy makes no sense and said that Cruz, a Republican from Texas, doesn't know what he's talking about.

"He has it completely wrong and he just doesn't understand what this issue is," Franken told CNN's Candy Crowley on Sunday."

And:

""ObamaCare was a government program that fixed something, that changed things," Franken said. "This is about reclassifying something so it stays the same. This would keep things exactly the same that they've been.""

AL FOR THE WIN:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/17/politics/franken-net-neutrality/

" Sen. Ted Cruz, who argued net neutrality is like "Obamacare for the Internet" doesn't understand the issue, according to Sen. Al Franken.

The Minnesota Democrat suggested Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" that the analogy makes no sense and said that Cruz, a Republican from Texas, doesn't know what he's talking about.

"He has it completely wrong and he just doesn't understand what this issue is," Franken told CNN's Candy Crowley on Sunday."

And:

""ObamaCare was a government program that fixed something, that changed things," Franken said. "This is about reclassifying something so it stays the same. This would keep things exactly the same that they've been.""

"If you like your internet, you can keep it."

Seriously, folks. Stay away from those words.

Back