• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

After that BC game, I think an 8 year extension is in order.

Fox Sports South doing a nice program on Manning right now. Chronicling his career from Greensboro to Wake. Focus is on his revival of Wake BB

Title is Driven: Danny Manning Revival

Last edited:
Fox Sports South doing a nice program on Manning right now. Chronicling his career from Greensboro to Wake. Focus is on his revival of Wake BB

Pretty good show but it originally aired over 2 years ago.

the revival is underway! Huge win vs BC to get things started.

Great win tonight! The right guys were scoring and we didn't fold up. The coaches put together a good plan and the players executed. Now it is time to get ready for at Virginia!

So if I understand the #Manningout crowd:

1. This roster, based on recruiting rankings and compared to pre-redacted wake teams, sucks.

2. Wake is a top 50 team for the first time this decade.

3. Wake just blew two games against top 25 teams and have shown a knack for being unable to close out tough games.

Therefore we should fire Manning.

I can't decide if fans calling for Manning's head right as he returns Wake basketball to pre-redacted levels means we are relevant again or that we don't deserve to be relevant.

There's no ManningOUT crowd. There's an crowd who thinks Manning should be gone if we don't make the postseason next year and are skeptical if he will make it.

There's no ManningOUT crowd. There's an crowd who thinks Manning should be gone if we don't make the postseason next year and are skeptical if he will make it.

"Complete idiot. Every day Manning remains our coach is a day wasted."

"He is a complete failure at on floor coaching. Please, go back to Tulsa."

"I would absolutely be comfortable hitting the reset button."

"Fire Manning. Time is up."

"Fire manning."

"I think Manning should be fired."

That's all you've got?

The fans calling for the coach's head is justified because DM has only performed marginally better than Bz. Originally, this thread was created out of frustration and to monitor what I perceived to be a poor hire by Wellman. This thread is actually more of an indictment of Wellman making a bad hire as it is of DM himself. However, my opinion hasn't changed much over the past few years because I believe that DM is the Sidney Lowe of Wake Forest. He has raised the status of the program with recruits but he cannot coach well enough to win on a consistent basis in the ACC. The only team that Manning has consistently beat is Boston College, but so has the rest of the ACC.

Either way, I appreciate the OGBoards for letting a thread like this live on with all of its facts, opinions, sarcasm, and hyperbole. Thanks OGBoards!

Also, as usual I am expecting neg rep from OldGoldBeard just for posting :tinfoilhat:

That's all you've got?

Took 30 seconds to disprove your nonsense post. No need to waste more time on it. Of course there is already a ManningOUT crowd. What are you talking about?

Love how every single game has now become a referendum on definitively keeping or firing Manning.

The fans calling for the coach's head is justified because DM has only performed marginally better than Bz. Originally, this thread was created out of frustration and to monitor what I perceived to be a poor hire by Wellman. This thread is actually more of an indictment of Wellman making a bad hire as it is of DM himself. However, my opinion hasn't changed much over the past few years because I believe that DM is the Sidney Lowe of Wake Forest. He has raised the status of the program with recruits but he cannot coach well enough to win on a consistent basis in the ACC. The only team that Manning has consistently beat is Boston College, but so has the rest of the ACC.

Either way, I appreciate the OGBoards for letting a thread like this live on with all of its facts, opinions, sarcasm, and hyperbole. Thanks OGBoards!

Also, as usual I am expecting neg rep from OldGoldBeard just for posting :tinfoilhat:

Except Manning's recruiting hasn't been all that great.

Back when Manning was hired I did a breakdown of every wake roster going back 10 years and rated it on the basis of recruiting rankings and experience. The point was to show how bare bzdelick left the cupboard.

I'll go back and find/update it but I would imagine our current roster scores much lower than most if not all the pre-bzdelick teams I looked at. I also imagine it scores worse than many of Sidney Lowe's teams.

And yet we are a top 50 team according to Kenpom, Sportsreference, and RPI.

Back