• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

When I have time I'm going to compile data on successful P5 rebuilds vs. unsuccessful ones. I'll probably wait til the end of this season.

I'll be interested to see where Manning falls but I imagine if I did it based on 2.5 seasons he'd be in the top 25% of "rebuild" coaches.

When you have time? When do you not have time? All you do is post on this thread :)

Not going to keep rehashing this. we are not that far off. top 25 in year 4 or 5 vs 5 or 6.

But yes. A year is silly.

That is absolutely crazy. I can't imagine what all goes into playing like a top 10 team for 30 minutes, then reverting to one of the worst teams in all of college basketball for the last 10.
#noleadissafe

I can tell you one thing. It has nothing whatsoever to do with coaching. Nothing.

Geez guys, how about winning a game. I'm not interested in year 4 or whatever. The current performance of this team is unacceptable. Period. Especially the bench coaching in game.

UNC win would be a start,

It's been one year since we beat State 77-74 to go 10-5 (1-2). We've beaten BC twice since then and no one else.

Jeff Capel must be a terrible coach allowing Florida State to go on a run like this is in the second half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a pattern of folding at the end of games. It's been going on in ACC games for 2 years and 3 games. Fuck the metrics and KemPom. Win a game against a top tier ACC team!

I was being facetious since people said it was Manning's fault when we did, not that Florida state is an insanely good and deep team.

If it had just happened against FSU, you'd have a point.

Is it likely Wake is the only P5 team that has played more games away from home than on their own floor?

If it had just happened against FSU, you'd have a point.

I mean, so far this year's our losses have come against four top 15 teams all away, a top 25 KP team at home, and a top 40 team away. Should have beaten Clemson and northwestern imo, but these losses can be attributed mainly to lack of depth and superior teams--not manning.

*we are in year three of a complete rebuild for reiteration*

EDIT: to say NW loss can be attributed to an atrocious shooting night way under our season average.

Last edited:
Back