• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Deac 83 - I think the Kenny Green fallout also had something to do with the fight between him and Tony Karasic as I recall.

Except for the fact that he was a starter for 2 years after the butter knife incident. I think it was more about him leaving after his junior year. That and the loss of Hammonds made it look like Tacy wasn't getting the job done.

someone start the "ron wellman credibility watch" thread. that would be chock full of great examples.

"...our rising star Thomas becoming academically ineligible..." I remember Thomas frequenting my suite our freshman year. I had a drug dealer and six users in my suite. Not a good start to a college career, and possibly another issue for Thomas.

"...our rising star Thomas becoming academically ineligible..." I remember Thomas frequenting my suite our freshman year. I had a drug dealer and six users in my suite. Not a good start to a college career, and possibly another issue for Thomas.

Interesting first post. Care to explain the bolded part?

lolwut

I personally believe that DM is a breath of fresh air for our b-ball program. I was on the fence a bit at first because I thought we could have ponied up some $$$ and got a tier 1 coach, but he's done well so far this year IMHO. We just have a huge talent drop off at key positions and until he can get some recruiting momentum and bring in some studs, (see Collins, Moore, Crawford and Childress) Wooden couldn't win with the talent we have currently.

I'm hopeful. Go Deacs!

I fear for the future of our program. There really isn't much to grasp to in terms of hope.

I think I've heard this one before...

Nah, not crestfallen and hopeless like I was during He Who Shall Not Be Named's first year.

I think Manning might end up proving to be a good coach. I just hope he learns how to do that quickly.

I fear for the future of our program. There really isn't much to grasp to in terms of hope.

Nah, not crestfallen and hopeless like I was during He Who Shall Not Be Named's first year.

I think Manning might end up proving to be a good coach. I just hope he learns how to do that quickly.
Huh? So do you have no hope or do you think Manning might turn out to be a good coach?

Huh? So do you have no hope or do you think Manning might turn out to be a good coach?

That really wasn't confusing to you, right?

There isn't much to grasp on to in terms of tangible results that we have seen so far; that said, I hope that Manning learns quickly how to build a program.

There isn't much to grasp on to in terms of tangible results that we have seen so far; that said, I hope that Manning learns quickly how to build a program.
Oh okay? I mean in reality we have a very limited talent pool in our program right now. About as poor shooting group of guards as you could possibly imagine at the major college level and mostly undersized post players

I get it, but we are also really bad at basketball; [Redacted]'s first team would have destroyed this one.

Of our freshmen, Wilbekin seems like he will be a contributor throughout his time here, but Greg is just not ready, physically or in terms of skill set, and Rondale has looked like a Big South rotation player in limited minutes.

Outside of that, Devin and Codi continue their trajectory of NOT obviously improving in any area and Madison has no business playing in the ACC, let alone playing rotation minutes in the ACC. Dre is gonna Dre.

The only guy on this team who looks even remotely better is Tree and that really is not saying much. That said, at least somebody is improving and that's good given the past seven years.

We haven't had anything resembling consistency, but stretches of play in the NC State and Florida games suggest that we are already making more progress than we did with a far deeper and (IMO) better team at any point last year.

timeout.gif

Given the talent level on this team it's hard for me to tell much at all about Manning's ability to coach so far.

Back