• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Let me get this straight...DM is a famed big man coach but we don’t seem to go inside out on offense against a smaller team or a zone. Our guards wouldn’t take as many shots if we passed the ball into the post...

That is coaching, plain and simple. And putting Mitch on man to man D against any kind of offensive threat is the dumbest shit in the world. I hope Manning proves me wrong, but Year 4 and we have no offensive or defensive identity. That’s not a good sign...

College basketball is lucky their season is in the dead of winter. Otherwise, no one would watch it. Fucking terrible product today. I tried to watch Virginia the other day. They could go 30 and 0 and I would not buy a ticket to watch that shit. Wake Forest game plan is panic, drive, and pray you get fouled. 90 percent of the players are average to bad. Anyone who can average 19/10 is gone the next year. The Blue Bloods sell their academic soul for rent-a-player programs. It's just awful.

Yet people claim the game would be better if the best players never went to college at all.

yall get prepared for a potential 9 game slide after VT. Get your popcorn ready.

College basketball is lucky their season is in the dead of winter. Otherwise, no one would watch it. Fucking terrible product today. I tried to watch Virginia the other day. They could go 30 and 0 and I would not buy a ticket to watch that shit. Wake Forest game plan is panic, drive, and pray you get fouled. 90 percent of the players are average to bad. Anyone who can average 19/10 is gone the next year. The Blue Bloods sell their academic soul for rent-a-player programs. It's just awful.

This.

Mack would prefer that elite players delay their professional aspirations for his own entertainment.

I have no idea what mack's preference is, but I think many would rather see the elite players that do not want to go to college go to a pro league.

Glad to see people are waking up to this. It really is a miserable product.

Yet people claim the game would be better if the best players never went to college at all.

People don't want to lose the best players. The game has reached a crisis point in what's happening with poor team play and player turnover. Given that there's no way to stop a Pro organization from doing what's in their own interest, people are willing to lose the best players to restore order and meaning to the game. Doesn't mean it still won't be diminished from when we were students.

People don't want to lose the best players. The game has reached a crisis point in what's happening with poor team play and player turnover. Given that there's no way to stop a Pro organization from doing what's in their own interest, people are willing to lose the best players to restore order and meaning to the game. Doesn't mean it still won't be diminished from when we were students.

I would be more than happy to see Duke and UK lose some recruits - that's essentially what we're talking about.

Glad to see people are waking up to this. It really is a miserable product.

I think it has a lot to do with how the game is called under the basket. It is impossible for a big man to contest a shot without fouling the way the game is called.

Currently, the NBA is a much better product but the fan base is much less rabid.

It's really simple. we don't really have the players yet to compete at this level yet. As for DM's "amazing recruiting abilities" I think a lot of it is based on next years class. Collins was great, Brown may be. I think Woods is and Crawford was(don.t know why he has become so inconsistent). On the other hand, it appears Washington, Eggelston, Japhet , to name a few were misses. I also am disappointed that we didn't get a better 5th. year replacement for Mitaglou at the 4.I am willing to give Dm another year to see how we do with more talent next year. The mess name re-dacted left us with set us back more than many could have imagined. With high school making decisions sooner than ever, they are looking to go to good programs. I think DM had to get players that he thought would develop, some did and some did not. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Brown was our 1st. 4 star recruit. With better players, hopefully we'll see better results. Still disappointed with Crawford's lack of consistency and leadership.

It's too early to say about Eggleston. He's made a lot of progress.

I think this argument comes down to how much weight do you put on player recruitment vs "coaching".

If you believe that the most crucial component to winning is getting the talent to Wake, then Manning will be fine. If you are of the belief that coaching is equally as important as recruiting, Manning will likely never get it done.

We know what Prosser thought, and while he was much better than those who followed, he did not win any championships.

I would be more than happy to see Duke and UK lose some recruits - that's essentially what we're talking about.

You serious? They would just get the best 3 and 4 year players like UNC does now.

The best thing for college hoops and the NBA would be a 2 year rule.

You serious? They would just get the best 3 and 4 year players like UNC does now.

The best thing for college hoops and the NBA would be a 2 year rule.

Of course I'm serious. You want Duke and UK to keep getting elite recruits?

Yes, a 2 or 3 year rule (like baseball and football) would be a step in the right direction.

Of course I'm serious. You want Duke and UK to keep getting elite recruits?

Yes, a 2 or 3 year rule (like baseball and football) would be a step in the right direction.

the baseball rule would be perfect, but I'd settle for a 2 year rule

5a3c4ae5f641a085a91d025406fcb1fb.jpg

Last edited:
Back