• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

The disinterest to guard the 3 point line at all today against Duke has nothing to do with Dinos or Collins departure. Any coach worth his salt has to be able to put a good defensive product on the court. Today was an embarrassment. There were times when Wake Forest players literally stood and watched as a Duke player shot a wide open 3. The lack of effort is unacceptable!

My bad, everyone.

I entered an argument about Manning that I want no part of.

I just saw Dinos criticism and that’s like my bat signal, I guess.

Lots of excuses being made for why we haven’t won under Manning yet. Look at what Jamie Dixon inherited at TCU. Look how he took a team that hadn’t won anything and made them competitive his first year. And now they are ranked and playing Oklahoma to the wire in Norman right now. Some coaches are winners and some are losers. We haven’t had a winner in a very long time and we don’t now. We have enough evidence to know that.

TITCR

Manning can’t be expected to field an ACC-caliber roster in year four. Y’all serious?

What did he inherit that was so horrible? The same folks arguing this are the same folks that defended [Redacted] until the end.

ETA: Texas Tech is 14-2, ranked #8 in the country, and y’all are excusing Manning during year four because of the personnel that he inherited four years ago.

Last edited:
TITCR

Manning can’t be expected to field an ACC-caliber roster in year four. Y’all serious?

What did he inherit that was so horrible? The same folks arguing this are the same folks that defended [Redacted] until the end.

ETA: Texas Tech is 14-2, ranked #8 in the country, and y’all are excusing Manning during year four because of the personnel that he inherited four years ago.

Bz record as a base from which to recruit. Rondale. Overton.

TITCR

Agree Strickland. Next year will help prove whether he is a good coach or not. No coach can succeed without a hand that has ACC caliber players.

Lots of excuses being made for why we haven’t won under Manning yet. Look at what Jamie Dixon inherited at TCU. Look how he took a team that hadn’t won anything and made them competitive his first year. And now they are ranked and playing Oklahoma to the wire in Norman right now. Some coaches are winners and some are losers. We haven’t had a winner in a very long time and we don’t now. We have enough evidence to know that.

Exactly! Please everybody read this

Agree Strickland. Next year will help prove whether he is a good coach or not. No coach can succeed without a hand that has ACC caliber players.

Why haven’t we been able to recruit and develop players in year 4, while Texas Tech is in Year 2 of their coach and ranked number 8? Was Texas Tech full of talent?

I was thinking the same thing watching TCU. Dixon is a good coach and Manning is not. Coaching matters and Manning is not capable of out coaching another P5 coach and probably more than half of the non P5 schools. We are just wasting time keeping him around. He will not make the dance much less make a run in 4 years. The play in game does not count...especially when you are embarrassed in it. It is amazing the number of folks that tolerate and even promote this bullshit.

Manning needs to be in the NBA coaching guys like Jahlil Okafor and Blake Griffin.

I was thinking the same thing watching TCU. Dixon is a good coach and Manning is not. Coaching matters and Manning is not capable of out coaching another P5 coach and probably more than half of the non P5 schools. We are just wasting time keeping him around. He will not make the dance much less make a run in 4 years. The play in game does not count...especially when you are embarrassed in it. It is amazing the number of folks that tolerate and even promote this bullshit.

Truth. Too bad Wellman is an idiot.

This. We knew Carl Tacy was a very good coach during his first year, even though we had a losing record. He had a system and an offensive identity. He pulled upsets. He could X and O with the best of them. DM is no Carl Tacy.

Agreed. Gentleman Carl got the job done. :thumbsup:

The Final 8 run during my time at MSD was a highlight.

The irony really is that if JC and Dinos were still here, this would be a very competitive team and the people bitching about Manning would be saying he had the program in the right direction.

Back