• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

People were so impressed that he’s been bandied about as a possible Manning replacement for weeks, right?

Well the week between the America East championship game and now.

It’s almost like it’s pointless to try and compare the two.

I feel very comfortable that you’re wrong.

That’s fine, but don’t try to use out of order SRS rankings to prove that. You need a better argument than that.

Rchill getting his money's worth in his last year of posting.

Gotta give Rchill props...wakes up every morning, puts DM on his back and goes all day. Dude must be exhausted all the time.

I imagine when 75% of the fanbase is ready for a change the writing is on the wall...if we hire a good coach recruits will stay.

Gotta give Rchill props...wakes up every morning, puts DM on his back and goes all day. Dude must be exhausted all the time.

I imagine when 75% of the fanbase is ready for a change the writing is on the wall...if we hire a good coach recruits will stay.

Seems like a far bigger If than a top 25 recruit putting up a first round draft pick worthy season.

It's really not that hard to identify a good one.

This board that you decry so often ID'ed Mike White

I get the appeal of the majority position. You know Wellman isn’t firing Manning this offseason, so unless Manning vaults us into consistent top 5 ACC status and stays for 10+ years you’ll be able to find one out of the 20+ coaches the boards have mentioned that pulled a Tony Bennett at a major program and claim that Wake could have and should have hired him at the time.

Easy formula for staying undepheated.

TBF, Mike White wasn't just one of many names but was the guy we more or less all coalesced around.

Regardless, I'm less re-legislating whether we should've hired him over Manning (I have no idea if we tried or if the rumors that he didn't want to come here b/c of his dad are true), as I am disputing your notion that high-caliber coaches (not necessarily having to achieve Tony Bennett-level performance, again you are arbitrarily setting up goal posts for our opinions) are super, super hard to find

Last edited:
TBF, Mike White wasn't just one of many names but was the guy we more or less all coalesced around.

Regardless, I'm less re-legislating whether we should've hired him over Manning (I have no idea if we tried or if the rumors that he didn't want to come here b/c of his dad are true), as I am disputing your notion that high-caliber coaches (not necessarily having to achieve Tony Bennett-level performance, again you are arbitrarily setting up goal posts for our opinions) are super, super hard to find

He was on the table when Manning was hired. He stayed at La Tech because he was holding out for a better program. The next year, he went to Florida.

He was on the table when Manning was hired. He stayed at La Tech because he was holding out for a better program. The next year, he went to Florida.

The question that will probably never be satisfactorily answered is whether he was just not wanting to go where his school would play his father's current school (Duke) on a regular basis or it was some other factor(s) in his not coming to Wake?

The question that will probably never be satisfactorily answered is whether he was just not wanting to go where his school would play his father's current school (Duke) on a regular basis or it was some other factor(s) in his not coming to Wake?

He was holding out for a better gig. Which he got, so it was a good decision on his part.

Back