• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

I don't know anybody here who thinks that except Ron Wellman. It is obvious Danny is going to be here next year and no amount of us complaining is going to change that. That being the case, the staff is getting the best possible players that are available to them and leaves only the option of forfeiting or completely embarrassing ourselves even further as an alternative. People who complain should have a reasonable scenario for what they would do differently in a no win case like this, even though it matters not a whit to Wellman. I'm all in on the Danny out train but am smart enough to understand it will not leave the station until AT LEAST 2019 so what do you propose is logical given that fact?

Why after 8 years of rebuilding do we continue to find ourselves in these "no win" scenarios? Other programs somehow find a way to avoid them or rebound from adversity with the right leadership.

Why after 8 years of rebuilding do we continue to find ourselves in these "no win" scenarios? Other programs somehow find a way to avoid them or rebound from adversity with the right leadership.

The current leadership running Wake Forest is overpaid garbage. To rebuild it better it would require draining the swamp of all the long time administrators.

The current leadership running Wake Forest is overpaid garbage. To rebuild it better it would require draining the swamp of all the long time administrators.

EXACTLY, as long as the people who make the decisions are in place and remain there, it will not change.

I don't know anybody here who thinks that except Ron Wellman. It is obvious Danny is going to be here next year and no amount of us complaining is going to change that. That being the case, the staff is getting the best possible players that are available to them and leaves only the option of forfeiting or completely embarrassing ourselves even further as an alternative. People who complain should have a reasonable scenario for what they would do differently in a no win case like this, even though it matters not a whit to Wellman. I'm all in on the Danny out train but am smart enough to understand it will not leave the station until AT LEAST 2019 so what do you propose is logical given that fact?

It’s a no-win situation because we chose to keep Manning which is what many fans wanted.

It’s a no-win situation because we chose to keep Manning which is what many fans wanted.

Yep. After this past season was the perfect time to move on. Roster still had some potential.

Smell of desperation had not yet permeated.

Wellman is always behind the curve. So too many of our fans which enables Wellman.

Well said, knowell. It was obvious months ago that things were getting worse.

Once again the point goes WAY over your head, Manning is only a symptom, Wellman is the disease

Once again the point goes WAY over your head, Manning is only a symptom, Wellman is the disease
"It is obvious (Wellman) is going to be here next year and no amount of us complaining is going to change that."

So what? Wellman isn’t going anywhere. Why do we have to keep Manning?

LEVELLE knows hoops:

LEVELLE knows hoops:

I haven't read this random coach's twitter feed, but the above makes it look like LeVelle thinks overrated = stinks. The applicant might have a dodged a bullet here.

If the "over rated " comment was part of a discussion about who is THE GOAT player then it makes sense. Some would put others in that spot. Magic, Wilt, Jordan...

Overrated = not better than Jordan

I’m the biggest Magic fanboi there is but LBJ has already far exceeded him.

If the "over rated " comment was part of a discussion about who is THE GOAT player then it makes sense. Some would put others in that spot. Magic, Wilt, Jordan...

the argument for lebron is as good as any other.

and i hate lebron

Back