• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

What happened to the thread questioning the credibility of this thread? Had some momentum there for awhile. Now curiously silent.

Is Manning's name going to be redacted as well? If so, I'd like to propose we replace it with "Reblackted".

giphy.gif

I offer no apology for what I am posting for this is truly how I feel. Please know this is my opinion and NOT open for debate.
If you don't agree that's your perogative but I will NOT be responding or keeping any or all comments.

Many of us have lived through many WAKE FOREST coaches prior to our current Coach DANNY MANNING. In my lifetime I have never seen or heard of a coach being scrutinized over every word he speaks, demeaned by the public to the point of disgrace, slandered, ridiculed, insulted, lied to, threatened with death, and have his children also insulted and humiliated.

I am truly ashamed of the people of MY uniersity. I am ashamed of the ruthless, insufferable, cruel, MANNING haters who have no morals, ethics or values and the irresponsibility of the posters who feel they have the right to deliver personal opinions just to sway their audiences in a negative direction even if there is no truth in their message. After every other coach was hired they were allowed to try to serve this university without constant negative scrutiny from our fanbase. ALWAYS BEING PRESSURED while the fanbase searches only for negative results from our Coach will not serve the people of our university.

ENOUGH is ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

I offer no apology for what I am posting for this is truly how I feel. Please know this is my opinion and NOT open for debate.
If you don't agree that's your perogative but I will NOT be responding or keeping any or all comments.

Many of us have lived through many WAKE FOREST coaches prior to our current Coach DANNY MANNING. In my lifetime I have never seen or heard of a coach being scrutinized over every word he speaks, demeaned by the public to the point of disgrace, slandered, ridiculed, insulted, lied to, threatened with death, and have his children also insulted and humiliated.

I am truly ashamed of the people of MY uniersity. I am ashamed of the ruthless, insufferable, cruel, MANNING haters who have no morals, ethics or values and the irresponsibility of the posters who feel they have the right to deliver personal opinions just to sway their audiences in a negative direction even if there is no truth in their message. After every other coach was hired they were allowed to try to serve this university without constant negative scrutiny from our fanbase. ALWAYS BEING PRESSURED while the fanbase searches only for negative results from our Coach will not serve the people of our university.

You forgot your sarcasm tag, or else you forgot (and rightfully so) the Bezzledick era perhaps?

What the fuck is this?

What's the credibility of this post?

Was that a parody post?

By the way, I love the twitter bot for this thread!

angry deac
@dany_mannin
Dinos for backstabbing our program.

angry deac
@dany_mannin
ACC basketball it seems so avoidable.

What's the credibility of this post?

It could be sarcasm. It could be an accurate reflection of this thread, started December 12, 2014. That's one month as coach until the criticism began. Three years, six months, 19 days, 452 pages and 9038 posts of criticism. There have been short periods of support / tempered enthusiasm, but nothing that lasts, except for an occasional Alamo like last stand by a supporter determined to go down fighting. At this point, even they are reconciled to a final make or break season.

I include myself as a mostly critical poster occasionally heartened by circumstances for brief periods. Much of the criticism Manning has received has been earned. Dissatisfaction by the fan base is to be expected based solely on his record. The lack of success by his predecessor has compounded the problem. At this point, every complaint that can be made of Danny Manning has been made on numerous, multiple occasions. Every defense has been offered. Further rumination will not change anything. That is the meaning of "Enough is enough is enough."

Another poster recently asked me why I'm not posting. My reply. "There's not much going on. Typical summertime lack of activity. DM will coach next year whether people like it or not and I'm OK with that. I definitely don't want Wellman making any BB hires. I even hope the team is successful. It's more enjoyable pulling for a winning team." If anyone reading this or the 9038 previous posts can actually change the BB program, please do so. If not, why not quiet the noise? Regardless of the brilliance of your thoughts, it has been said before ad nauseam. If there is a word for it, it's not original.

Take a break for the summer. Enjoy life. Soon enough, a group of 18-23 year old men will assemble and work together to represent us as a basketball team. Then we get to decide if we want to support them.

6 days after a three game losing streak to Delaware State, Minnesota, and State.

I met a professor from Delaware State a few months ago. She was shocked I knew their mascot is the Hornets. She asked how I knew. I said “from sports.” She responded, “But we’re horrible at sports.”

I didn’t explain any further.

I met a professor from Delaware State a few months ago. She was shocked I knew their mascot is the Hornets. She asked how I knew. I said “from sports.” She responded, “But we’re horrible at sports.”

The Stetson Hatters. Maybe no more schools with H mascots...

Sometimes the jokes write themselves...

After we lost to Iona, Delaware State, as well as the beat downs to Arkansas and Minnesota, I started this thread from a pure anger point of view. Unfortunately, this thread has turned out to be mostly true and Danny Manning doesn't appear to be a credible coach for a high-major program like Wake Forest. I know that we have been wandering in the dark for close to a decade, but we do have a proud tradition in this program. [Redacted] killed the program and DM is in the process of burning the body. The worst part is that all of this has happened under the watchful eye of Ron Wellman who is basically playing the role of Nero.

I want us to be successful again, but I highly doubt it will be under the guidance of Danny Manning.

Back