• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

It's called "apathy". I don't think anyone really gives a damn any longer except for the few guys who want their names on buildings.

I used to plan my days around Wake Forest basketball. I just don't care anymore.

Twenty years ago, I would have had the whole conference slate memorized by now. It wasn’t that hard because there would usually be 8 games in Jan maybe one in Dec and 8 games in Feb and Mar in the same order.

I’ll never forget the Saturday of the West Virginia game two different groups of fun, cute girls asked me to go out that night. And like an idiot, I told them “Nah, I’m going to stay at home and watch the Wake game.” Dumbass.

Last edited:
Twenty years ago, I would have had the whole conference slate memorized by now. It wasn’t that hard because there would usually be 8 games in Jan maybe one in Dec and 8 games in Feb and Mar in the same order.

I’ll never forget the Saturday of the West Virginia game two different groups of fun, cute girls asked me to go out that night. And like an idiot, I told them “Nah, I’m going to stay at home and watch the Wake game.” Dumbass.

giphy.gif

6cf56c43c8844165778d3c87179a9827-friendzone-gag.jpg

Per MichDeac’s request I’m letting Deac Daddy get the last word on the recruiting thread he desperately needs and moving the convo over here.

I’m also going on the record now that we will finish in the bottom 4 of the ACC next season specifically because John Collins, Keyshawn Woods, Bryant Crawford, and Doral Moore left school early and Manning was unable to replace that talent.

I will revisit this post next March citing our bottom 4 finish as definitive proof that I was right.

Per MichDeac’s request I’m letting Deac Daddy get the last word on the recruiting thread he desperately needs and moving the convo over here.

I’m also going on the record now that we will finish in the bottom 4 of the ACC next season specifically because John Collins, Keyshawn Woods, Bryant Crawford, and Doral Moore left school early and Manning was unable to replace that talent.

I will revisit this post next March citing our bottom 4 finish as definitive proof that I was right.

Losing players early is not a valid reason to suck anymore. Every school loses players early every year, its college basketball. Yet, not every school constantly plays like monkey nuts in conference play.

Lol, so insecure after all of the Ls you've taken. Poor guy.

we lose players and have a hard time replacing them due to our dumpster fire seasons which is a reflection of a poorly coached team.

i don't think so b/c you'll have to be self-banned by that point, per our arrangement

What would it look like for you just to admit being wrong, without contextualization? Do you do this in real life? I know we men can be stubborn that way. But you’ve elevated it to an art form.

Your significant other is in for a wild ride. But hey, mine is too, for all kinds of reasons.

Losing players early is not a valid reason to suck anymore. Every school loses players early every year, its college basketball. Yet, not every school constantly plays like monkey nuts in conference play.

Of course it isn’t. Which is why I said several years ago that manning should be fired if he doesn’t put up certain results, which I’ve been consistent on since day 1.

Expectations for a coach should be measurable results and shouldn’t be changed because of players coming or leaving or how a coach looks on the sideline.

I bet on Manning because I thought he would have the talent last year and this coming one to get the results I expected for [Redacted]’s replacement. Whether he doesn’t have that talent because of bad luck or because he’s a bad coach, or both, is irrelevant.

What would it look like for you just to admit being wrong, without contextualization? Do you do this in real life? I know we men can be stubborn that way. But you’ve elevated it to an art form.

Your significant other is in for a wild ride. But hey, mine is too, for all kinds of reasons.

Ive already done that. It’s possible to admit you are wrong about one thing while maintaining you are right about another.

I’m an asshole on here at times, but I promise I’m not in real life. And I’m certainly not an idiot. If my SO says I’m wrong, then I’m wrong.

we lose players and have a hard time replacing them due to our dumpster fire seasons which is a reflection of a poorly coached team.

Our dumpster fire seasons are a reflection of a lack of talent. Even Ph, one of Manning’s biggest haters, admits that we are a top 40 team last year if Collins stays.

Two threads I now know better than to bother opening.

Back