• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Twice I’ve quoted you saying two different things in the same post.

If you stopped defending Manning, people would stop saying you’re defending Manning.

I know expressing two different yet not contradictory ideas at once seems complicated but it’s really not.

See here’s how it works. Wake had a really bad season last year, thanks to a shit job by our coach, where we didn’t even crack the top 80. Given our talent a lot of coaches could have done better.

That means they could have cracked the top 80. Still with me?

Most of those coaches though would have had us, again based on our talent, in between #40 and # 80.

Only a handful (that’s five for most people) would have gotten us into the top 36.

I chose that number because 36/4 = 9 ( that’s called math) and you said last year’s team with John Collins would have been a 9 or 10 seed ( there are 4 of each seed in the NCAA tournament, again math)

So, if you are still with me, you will see that my post said two complimentary, not contradictory, things, pointing towards one conclusion: losing John Collins ( what some would refer to as talent) had a larger impact on last season than Manning being a shitty “coach”

I’m going to say two different things in this post if you want to quote it later:

Ph is a smart guy.

Ph is being a fucking idiot in this conversation.

See how that works.

Per MichDeac’s request I’m letting Deac Daddy get the last word on the recruiting thread he desperately needs and moving the convo over here.

I would just like to point out that the last 8-10 posts above this where MichDeac just had to get in the last word...

What you would do if you were banned from the boards.

Lol. Not projecting. I'm mocking BKF, for returning 6 months after losing a bet with Townie, under a new name, SwissChaletDeac, and pretending it was someone else, and I am also associating you with another insufferable poster.

Last edited:
Insufferable boards persona. Reevaluate your posting "life."

If I was really that insufferable y’all wouldn’t keep opening this thread. I let this conversation go 3 months ago, certain posters keep bringing it back up. I’m always up for a real debate, unfortunately most just want to complain and get their shots in.

Rchil vs ph is actually kinda funny. Unstoppable force vs immovable object

I’m always up for a real debate...

Is that what this is called??

I think the definition you're looking for is megalomania...all these posts feeding a self-deluding, over-importance complex that you have apparently.

But of course, it's everyone else's doing...you're such a victim.

No one gives this many fucks...my gahd!!

#StopTheInsanity

If I was really that insufferable y’all wouldn’t keep opening this thread. I let this conversation go 3 months ago, certain posters keep bringing it back up. I’m always up for a real debate, unfortunately most just want to complain and get their shots in.

I think the definition you're looking for is megalomania...all these posts feeding a self-deluding, over-importance complex that you have apparently.

#StopTheInsanity

No one is stopping you.

#StopTheInsanity

and I’m definitely not the victim.

I am still not sure if Danny Manning has any credibility or not. Can we generate any sort of discussion on this thread about this?

I am still not sure if Danny Manning has any credibility or not. Can we generate any sort of discussion on this thread about this?

Nah. No one actually wants to honestly discuss this. Which is fine. It’s more fun than the tunnels but I doubt anyone is changing anyone else’s mind at this point. But some don’t actually want to drop it either. Racer, Ph, and others keep bringing the argument back up on the recruiting and then run away once I show up to knock down their straw man.

Didn’t you bring it up there today?

Just went back and looked. mebane posted the Collins quote. Racer commented on it. Then we were talking about Deacs playing abroad last night. Then you came it and turned it into another credibility argument.

Last edited:
Didn’t you bring it up there today?

Just went back and looked. mebane posted the Collins quote. Racer commented on it. Then we were talking about Deacs playing abroad last night. Then you came it and turned it into another credibility argument.

There were 9 posts and 3 hours between Racer and me, including another one responding to Mebane. The rest were about Beirut. Only one mentioned a recruit, from 2006.

There were 9 posts and 3 hours between Racer and me, including another one responding to Mebane. The rest were about Beirut. Only one mentioned a recruit, from 2006.

Right. That’s what I said. We were done talking about it then you brought it back up. Just own it.

Right. That’s what I said. We were done talking about it then you brought it back up. Just own it.

Lol. Sorry I wasn’t aware of the rigid board rules that define when a conversation had ended.

Milhouse responded to Mebane two posts and 36 minutes before I posted. I saw Mebane’s original post and didn’t think much of it. When I came back a few hours later I saw Racer and Milhouse’s responses and thought I’d chime in. I apologize for interrupting your in depth discussion of Lebanon.

Maybe next time just inform me that everyone was done talking about it instead of taking one minute to jump in on the conversation everyone was done taking about.

Back