• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

I’m not doubting the presser was a disaster. It’s the leap to concluding Manning doesn’t want to win or care about his job, or whatever, that I’m critiquing.

I never said anything remotely close to that.

In fact, I've said the exact opposite numerous times.

It isn't that he doesn't care... Of course the guy cares. I just don't think he gets it. I mean, Bz was flat-out aloof and goofy. Manning is more... Not sure of the correct word... dense?

Answering questions about why we've had so many departures and/or what are the expectations for on the court this season with junk about preparing kids for life once the ball stops bouncing is just ridiculous.

I never said anything remotely close to that.

In fact, I've said the exact opposite numerous times.

It isn't that he doesn't care... Of course the guy cares. I just don't think he gets it. I mean, Bz was flat-out aloof and goofy. Manning is more... Not sure of the correct word... dense?

Answering questions about why we've had so many departures and/or what are the expectations for on the court this season with junk about preparing kids for life once the ball stops bouncing is just ridiculous.

Not saying you did. But my initial point on the presser was in response to someone who did.

You mean Manning has emotions????

i-ve-never-been-happier-m-in-a-state-of-21921884.png

Alabama's depth on defense isn't really that great this year.

Nah. Less emotional, sure, but I’m fairly confident that =\= better.

Fuck you man. Stop injecting this silly argument about people being more emotional than you. This is a message board where people vent frustrations. Get over it you hopeless and incessantly annoying arbiter of stupid shit that doesn't matter.

That’s something that is important to me and our staff in helping to prepare guys. Yeah, we have to win games. In this profession, that’s what it comes down to. That’s the measuring stick for a lot of different people. All that other stuff sounds real good, but for a lot of people it just doesn’t matter to them, to be honest with you.

What the hell does this even mean? Winning is too important at a lot of places and we know we can't beat them in winning so we'll try to really stress the other "life preparation" stuff in the meantime and hope for the best??

Sure winning isn't everything, but WHAT IS YOUR PLAN MAN(NING)?? Without John Collins, you might not even have more than 45 wins in 4 seasons!!

My earlier post wasn't related only to the recent press conference. I've felt Manning was a dud from day 1. All the charisma of a cinder block. No capability to adjust during games and generally under performs as a recruiter.

It's so LOWF that he's here. "Oh we can't get anyone better." Bullshit. Wake may be practically limited in football to striving for bowl appearances due to conference expansion, but not basketball. Plenty of small schools with strong schedules go deep in the tournament year after year, with lesser facilities and resources than Wake. So fuck the LOWF attitude when it comes to basketball. Let's get someone young and motivated to build a program so we can see ACC titles, a final four...hell a natty in our lifetimes. It's doable at Wake.

Fuck you man. Stop injecting this silly argument about people being more emotional than you. This is a message board where people vent frustrations. Get over it you hopeless and incessantly annoying arbiter of stupid shit that doesn't matter.

It’s an observation, not an argument. Being emotional isn’t a bad thing, which makes it even weirder that people try and pass off their venting as rational argument. Vent away, just be honest about what you are doing.

My earlier post wasn't related only to the recent press conference. I've felt Manning was a dud from day 1. All the charisma of a cinder block. No capability to adjust during games and generally under performs as a recruiter.

It's so LOWF that he's here. "Oh we can't get anyone better." Bullshit. Wake may be practically limited in football to striving for bowl appearances due to conference expansion, but not basketball. Plenty of small schools with strong schedules go deep in the tournament year after year, with lesser facilities and resources than Wake. So fuck the LOWF attitude when it comes to basketball. Let's get someone young and motivated to build a program so we can see ACC titles, a final four...hell a natty in our lifetimes. It's doable at Wake.

I think you left out an “llman” there. No one is arguing that Wake can’t do better.

It’s an observation, not an argument. Being emotional isn’t a bad thing, which makes it even weirder that people try and pass off their venting as rational argument. Vent away, just be honest about what you are doing.

Who said anything about venting having to be rational?? Plenty of hyperbole on these here boards. I expect that...you should too. I mean you do participate in gameday threads right?? I'm totally honest in my rational and justified distaste for how your comport yourself on this forum Judge Chill. You claim to purport the same general arguments as most on this website yet you won't stop nit-picking every freakin' little thing they say. Not sure there are that many here who are looking to engage in fine-tooth comb minutiae arguments with you at every turn. Our BB program is in the dumpster and buried with refuse...what do you really expect the general tone to be around here? Maybe you should get more emotional instead of trying to be the keeper of logic and reason...cuz you're not that good at it, and it's generally annoying.

Who said anything about venting having to be rational?? Plenty of hyperbole on these here boards. I expect that...you should too. I mean you do participate in gameday threads right?? I'm totally honest in my rational and justified distaste for how your comport yourself on this forum Judge Chill. You claim to purport the same general arguments as most on this website yet you won't stop nit-picking every freakin' little thing they say. Not sure there are that many here who are looking to engage in fine-tooth comb minutiae arguments with you at every turn. Our BB program is in the dumpster and buried with refuse...what do you really expect the general tone to be around here? Maybe you should get more emotional instead of trying to be the keeper of logic and reason...cuz you're not that good at it, and it's generally annoying.

No one. But yet many people on here vent in the form of definitive statements and then attempt to defend those statements as rational.

As to the second bold: your second clause belies your first.

Last edited:
I got over it halfway through the 2017 season, if not earlier. Otherwise I’d have half the people I argue with on ignore by now. If this isn’t enjoyable for y’all I’m not sure why you keep responding.

Fair. I guess I then don't understand (a) your need to keep commenting on it, and (b) the enjoyment you yourself get out of it

This is exactly what I tell people. It's all about the coach. Very doable at Wake. Tired of being the laughing stock in basketball while other schools hire competent coaches and do well with said coaches.

Back