• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Today coach manning didn’t know the rules on what happens after a flagrant 1. Rather than ask Coach Nestor (only one on bench who would know), he asked Ron Groover. It was pretty comical. Groover—ever the calm one—wasn’t quite sure how to respond. I think he was thinking whether he could answer such an obvious question. He was quickly talking to another official hand over mouth laughing.

The sooner we hit rock bottom, the sooner we can start to heal.

Every time I think Wake basketball hits rock bottom, another trap door opens and the program continues to plummet. It seems wrong to think this and I don't think I'll be wrong but is there a chance that this team does just enough to keep itself from being really really shitty to justify (in Ron's world) keeping Danny around for at least one more year?

Every time I think Wake basketball hits rock bottom, another trap door opens and the program continues to plummet. It seems wrong to think this and I don't think I'll be wrong but is there a chance that this team does just enough to keep itself from being really really shitty to justify (in Ron's world) keeping Danny around for at least one more year?

Well, the good news is our 2016 class won’t be worth keeping Manning around to get them in school.

Absolutely. A very good chance.

I understand and sympathize with the idea that we might show just enough improvement in an overall shitty season for Wellman to justify giving Manning another year...

BUT

Here are our last 8 games:
@ FSU (#8 KP; 8% chance of win)
UNC (#3; 13%)
@ ND (#64; 26%)
@ NCSU (#32; 14%)
Miami (#21; 30%)
Syracuse (#16; 27%)
@ Duke (#1; 3%)
FSU (#8; 21%)

So that's probably 0-2 wins. If Manning somehow wins half (or more) of those games, if could be argued that the team is coming around and he should get another year. Heck, if we win the right ones, you could make that argument w/ a 3-5 record.

I am NOT saying I would agree with that... I'm just saying that is a really tough finish to the season. It's more likely that we go 0-8 or 1-7 and it's easier to get rid of him.***

***Barring a miracle run in the ACC Tourney, of course.

Uh oh, Pitt just beat a pretty good Saint Louis team. We might be DFL in the conference this year :tear:

First it was a credibility watch... Then it was a credibility warning... Now a credibility tornado has ripped the roof off of your house and your furniture is in three feet of water

First it was a credibility watch... Then it was a credibility warning... Now a credibility tornado has ripped the roof off of your house and your furniture is in three feet of water

Climate change is real, people.

Back