• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Unfortunately the ole meter has hit double zero. It ‘s over, had hope with this good class but it t was a teaser.

He gone. Pull the trigger now Ronnie! WWCD (What Would Clawson Do).

Show some balls and make the move!

I have a watchful eye on the Pitt program. I mean if they win more games than Wake.....

I hate to sound like Trump, but Manning has a really low IQ. From day one, you could see that he is a total bone head. The Virginia meltdown has been his signature late game blunder, but there have been close to 25 of them.

Maybe there’s a reason why Manning got his coaching start at the back end of Bill Self’s bench rather than higher up the ladder like a lot of ex-players.

Apparently Manning is losing credibility with at least one of his players in the "go to class" and "do your homework" issues. One suspension didn't do it. Apparently Jamie Lewis didn't pay enough attention to the little detail that Wake Forest expects its student-athletes to be actual students.

Now its "Jamie, we hardly knew ye." I for one will be surprised, no shocked, if Jamie plays another minute in a Wake Forest uniform.

Maybe there’s a reason why Manning got his coaching start at the back end of Bill Self’s bench rather than higher up the ladder like a lot of ex-players.

Yeah, that reason is he had no coaching experience at any level and it’s fucking Kansas, not IUPUI.

Not going to fault him for starting low at Kansas. I don’t doubt that he put in his time and earned the Tulsa gig.

But yeah, he’s had shitty results at Wake and needs to go.

If I'm not mistaken he asked to start at the bottom and earn his way at Kansas.

Yeah, that reason is he had no coaching experience at any level and it’s fucking Kansas, not IUPUI.

Not going to fault him for starting low at Kansas. I don’t doubt that he put in his time and earned the Tulsa gig.

But yeah, he’s had shitty results at Wake and needs to go.

I think you missed the point of my post. Plenty of former pros start higher up the coaching ladder than Manning did.

I did not miss the point. I’d like you to give some examples that prove your hypothesis.

Would help if they were at a blue blood program and had some sort of NBA career.

16/17 was Mannings peak, thats the most talented team Manning will ever have at Wake and he barely made the First Four. For him to not get fired this season he must make the NCAA tourney. No excuses, the mans had 5 years im tired of the new beginnings youth excuses.

16/17 was Mannings peak, thats the most talented team Manning will ever have at Wake and he barely made the First Four. For him to not get fired this season he must make the NCAA tourney. No excuses, the mans had 5 years im tired of the new beginnings youth excuses.

Join the club!

I hate to sound like Trump, but Manning has a really low IQ. From day one, you could see that he is a total bone head. The Virginia meltdown has been his signature late game blunder, but there have been close to 25 of them.

From talking with a couple of Kansas people the last couple of years, this was always the rap on Manning as a player/asst coach so not surprising. The real issue , however, is Manning's inability to inspire maximum effort from his players, or create an inclusive environment where the players enjoy playing for him. Those of you who are in , or were in , a corporate environment have probably had a boss that inspired you to go through a wall for him--it's called leadership and Manning just doesn't have it.

Surprised he hasn't been more inspirational as a leader. He seemed to do that with the Kansas team he played on. Maybe that was more his coach than him.

He was just one of the greatest college basketball player of all time. Such a great player doesn’t have to be a leader to win a championship.

Back