• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

From talking with a couple of Kansas people the last couple of years, this was always the rap on Manning as a player/asst coach so not surprising. The real issue , however, is Manning's inability to inspire maximum effort from his players, or create an inclusive environment where the players enjoy playing for him. Those of you who are in , or were in , a corporate environment have probably had a boss that inspired you to go through a wall for him--it's called leadership and Manning just doesn't have it.

Danny Manning = Nathan Hatch hire.

In regards to Wellman's last two bball hires -
tenor.gif

How in earth do you have a football coach with fire, urgency, and want-to and subsequently have the polar opposite of a men’s basketball coach

If Manning faces the same obstacle Clawson did this year with the injuries, Manning wouldnwin -2.6 games.

And if that is true, it also lends credibility to the notion that Hatch was part of holding back ND Athletics while he was there and why the ND programs have elevated their play since he left.

This can be confirmed by most anyone close to ND athletics. Hatch is the problem.

If Manning isn’t gone by March, this lifelong Deacon fan will be out with respect to basketball.

Looks like RChill’s survival on these boards is ever so slightly more likely with another garbage loss.

Kinda feel like he should still take the self ban for defending this clown

Can we please delete this thread!?!? Any credibility left the building a looooonnnnngggggg time ago and about 479 pages ago. We are a joke of a program with 2 of the 4 worse ACC coaches in history being back to back and owning some of the worse losses ever.

Really wish Hoard could transfer without sitting mid season. Poor guys draft stock has been greatly damaged and he has to be wondering how to get out of the DM vortex.

Looks like RChill’s survival on these boards is ever so slightly more likely with another garbage loss.

Kinda feel like he should still take the self ban for defending this clown

What were the terms of the bet?

We are a joke of a program with 2 of the 4 worse ACC coaches in history being back to back and owning some of the worse losses ever.

Amen to that.

I've been following Wake Forest Basketball since the days of Bones McKinney. I have lived through some very bad coaches and bad seasons but I always watched Wake come back. I always knew that we would be better next year. Now that hope is gone. I'm not sure that I will ever see a good Wake Forest team again.

I will have to be really bored to watch Wake Forest Basketball again.

Thanks, Ron.

Back