• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Can we please delete this thread!?!? Any credibility left the building a looooonnnnngggggg time ago and about 479 pages ago. We are a joke of a program with 2 of the 4 worse ACC coaches in history being back to back and owning some of the worse losses ever.

Really wish Hoard could transfer without sitting mid season. Poor guys draft stock has been greatly damaged and he has to be wondering how to get out of the DM vortex.

This is the best thread of the thread. There is no credibility left.

Well...

The Deacs are at 4-4 with the 4 losses being the following:

- 30 point beat down at Arkansas.
- DM pulling his best Chris Webber imitation to lose at home to Iona.
- The loss to Delaware State might be the worst loss in school history.... Yes, worse than Stetson.
- Down 1 pt to Minnesota at the half turns into 12 pts down in the first 3 minutes of the second with 3 time-outs burned.

We are 8 games in to the season and already there have been 4 fiascoes. I want to give DM the benefit of the doubt but after tonight I am putting his credibility on watch.

Good post.

Incredibly, it appears that he's still our coach after losses this season to church league and gardener schools. :tard:

Good post.

It is kind of sad that my original post aged so well... I was upset when we hired Manning, but now, I am pretty indifferent whether we win or lose... I guess this what happens when you make two bad hires in a row.

Really? We're doing this already?

This should be entertaining to read at least.

:popcorn:

It was fun to go back and read the first few pages of this thread. I'm particularly proud of the work I did on Page 5 reminding everyone that Pre-[Redacted], we were an excellent fucking basketball program.

It was fun to go back and read the first few pages of this thread. I'm particularly proud of the work I did on Page 5 reminding everyone that Pre-[Redacted], we were an excellent fucking basketball program.

You know I love you but this is where we diverge. We were not good. Odom was awesome in the mid 90s. Two March championships and a handful of Sweet 16s.

In the last 22 seasons we have appeared in 0 acc Championship games and 1 Sweet 16. Skip Prosser was and remains a great person. His teams failed.

I took a lot neg rep for this thread, but the fact that it stuck around for 5 years is a testament to how bad of a hire Manning has been.

You know I love you but this is where we diverge. We were not good. Odom was awesome in the mid 90s. Two March championships and a handful of Sweet 16s.

In the last 22 seasons we have appeared in 0 acc Championship games and 1 Sweet 16. Skip Prosser was and remains a great person. His teams failed.

We were a great program relative to the vast majority of college basketball. We were also a program that failed miserably in the post-season. Both things can be and were true. Odom's tenure was included in my analysis.

Skip Prosser died a long time ago.

Did not remember Rchill was shilling for Manning all the way back at the beginning. And of course, RJ was in Manning's camp. Is anyone more consistently wrong in their takes? If you find yourself agreeing with RJ, challenge your premise.

I got a Danny Manning Credibility Watch at Windsor Jewelers.

It broke.

I wish I could pay for the live stream of the meeting where Wellman fires him. He will probably not say a single word, shrug his shoulders, and walk out not giving a fuck like he has for five years now.

I wish I could pay for the live stream of the meeting where Wellman fires him. He will probably not say a single word, shrug his shoulders, and walk out not giving a fuck like he has for five years now.

Wellman, Manning, or both?

Why do I feel like ronnie is living in a world where Manning's complete failure justifies [Redacted] in his mind. He sits up at night in the dark sipping his beverage of choice (warm milk, cottage cheese and seltzer, metamucil, Budweiser???) whispering to himself about how smart he was if only he had been given one more year.

Maybe ronnie really is the smartest guy in the room and manning was a calculated and deliberate choice and f u to the fans for the slights against he and [Redacted].

Honestly, what's the justification for not firing him mid-season? What's the party line?

Back