• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Fire Manning. Openly brag about the potential of this talent going forward.

Nestor is secretly coaching the team behind the scenes

Manning is nothing more than an empty suit at this point

I’ve seen this mistake a lot the last couple of days.

There are 18 ACC games. Not 16.

Looking at the schedule, even in the rosiest scenario, I see 8-10. I still think 4-14 is the likely outcome (+/- 1 win).

The team would need to show a ton of improvement for Manning to get another year, I think. I’m not sure 8-10 does that (which is a moot point anyway, because it’s not happening).

I can only imagine who Ron is cooking up now. Probably some guy from Fairbanks Community College who used to coach baseball with the idiot.

I have ZERO confidence in this moron hiring anyone competent. Remember, Mike Buddie was the one who essentially hired Clawson.

Is Fairbanks in Ohio?

One fluke win and all of a sudden we're throwing down a .500 record in ACC play?

Manning was carried to a .500 record by John Collins and otherwise is is 12-46 in conference games. But yeah, tell me how he's getting this team to .500 this season.

V9y3EcE.gif

One fluke win and all of a sudden we're throwing down a .500 record in ACC play?

Manning was carried to a .500 record by John Collins and otherwise is is 12-46 in conference games. But yeah, tell me how he's getting this team to .500 this season.

V9y3EcE.gif

delusions of mediocrity

V9y3EcE.gif
Some people are ever hopeful. We are still the 152nd team in the nation. And despite their win over us, Houston Baptist is still ranked 250+. We are who our results say we are.

Counterpoint / Silver lining to all of this “optimism” is that it highlights that there is no harm to rooting for Wake Forest to win each individual basketball game because there is zero chance we win enough of them for Manning to keep his job.

Just sit back and let it all play out. Enjoy any of the wins we’re able to manage in the meantime.

I know for sure that Wellman is trying anyway to keep Manning as to not admit two mistakes in a row so I would not be so confident that 8 wins means a new coach. I really really don't see a way we get to 8. Even against state our defense was passable but not good. I feel like I watched 5 possessions where state got 4 offensive rebounds in a row.

I've talked to a couple people in the AD and the talking points are the same... Young team, behind other acc schools in facilities, ect. That being said, once Wellman is gone I'm excited for the future of the AD. Lots of young talent in the office now that love wake, know what it takes to win, and experienced first hand the CP3 and Orange bowl years.

I noticed on several occasions the other night that Nestor and Childress seemed to be more vocal on the sidelines during TOs in regards to talking to players. Granted, I haven't watched as many games this season as I normally would, but this seemed like a change from previous games I've watched. Maybe Danny realizes he isn't the best 'in-game' coach (whether he openly admits it or not) and is finally allowing his assistants to be more active during games?

Anyone else notice this? Or am I just wishful thinking?

Fire Manning. Openly brag about the potential of this talent going forward.

V9y3EcE.gif

Some people are ever hopeful. We are still the 152nd team in the nation. And despite their win over us, Houston Baptist is still ranked 250+. We are who our results say we are.

TITCR

I noticed on several occasions the other night that Nestor and Childress seemed to be more vocal on the sidelines during TOs in regards to talking to players. Granted, I haven't watched as many games this season as I normally would, but this seemed like a change from previous games I've watched. Maybe Danny realizes he isn't the best 'in-game' coach (whether he openly admits it or not) and is finally allowing his assistants to be more active during games?

I noticed it during the 1st half but the 2nd half seemed to be more normal silence

I did notice one timeout towards the end of the game that Manning let another assistant coach talk to the guys. Don't know who it was because the camera was on Manning but he was outside the huddle staring off into the distance probably trying to calculate how many ill Fitting suits he could buy for 18 mil

I did notice one timeout towards the end of the game that Manning let another assistant coach talk to the guys. Don't know who it was because the camera was on Manning but he was outside the huddle staring off into the distance probably trying to calculate how many ill Fitting suits he could buy for 18 mil

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

I feel like his suits have gotten a lot better after his first year. I'll give him that.

I saw Nestor talking a lot the other night, but I thought he wasn't allowed to "coach." Is that just some thing that would only get addressed if another team complained? Or am I wrong and he is able to talk. I always thought those were weird rules, but maybe that's because I didn't know them.

I know coaches often give their guys a minute to breathe, talk to each other etc while they convene for a bit to discuss strategy. I’m okay with that as the players probably listen better after the break. Maybe Manning was giving another assistant the floor for the first part of the timeout.

I was at the acc tourney a few years ago when Buzz Williams used that resting period to go help the girl in the contest shoot free throws. I asked him about it the next morning when I saw him at a bagel shop. He was very nice. When he learned I was a Deacon, told me that Wake was in his top three dream jobs. Eh, I made up that last part.

Back