• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

We appear to be years away from being relevant. I must say this team today appeared to have no leaders and no heart. No sense of urgency in a must win home game. Season over

I thought that we were NCAA contenders a couple of games ago? This board is bipolar.

I thought that we were NCAA contenders a couple of games ago? This board is bipolar.

That was before we scored 91 points on the road but couldn't stop giving up enough layups to win with 91 points and before the team mailed in a pitiful effort against a very average team on our home court This has been going on for like 5-6 years

That was before we scored 91 points on the road but couldn't stop giving up enough layups to win with 91 points and before the team mailed in a pitiful effort against a very average team on our home court This has been going on for like 5-6 years
You realize that Manning isn't responsible for [Redacted]'s record and his teams' performances right?

I admit, a lot of my questions that I posted earlier on this thread need to be answered, but I'm not sure the last two games really change that much, TBH. I am still most pissed off by staff's performance during the Xavier game.

We may not lose by as many points, but this was the first complete meltdown (hangover game) of the year. Most Wake teams, even Prosser's and Odom's were entitled to one of these per year.

Today sucked, but I can forgive it somewhat if the staff can find a way to stop the bleeding.

Nothing would make me happier but in looking at the next 4 games I think we are looking at 1-8 likely. We can't seem to win the winnable acc games and play well in some Unwinnable games...

Manning is getting old fast. Just stands there...no emotion. I don't think he gives a shit.

Nothing would make me happier but in looking at the next 4 games I think we are looking at 1-8 likely. We can't seem to win the winnable acc games and play well in some Unwinnable games...

This team has surprised me on quite a few occasions this year. I wouldn't write us off quite yet. These last two losses have royally sucked, though. No doubt. This stretch used be the norm, though. I won't soon forget that...

This team has surprised me on quite a few occasions this year. I wouldn't write us off quite yet. These last two losses have royally sucked, though. No doubt. This stretch used be the norm, though. I won't soon forget that...

That's not the measuring stick by which we should ever judge a basketball coach at WF. You don't get cookies for taking care of your kids and you don't get cookies for being better than REDACTED.

Bump just because I am pissed about the Saturday performance and want to blame someone, even if everyone involved with the game shares some blame.

Wake opens as a 19 point underdog @ UNC tomorrow night. FWIW, in Bzz's final year, the largest spread the Deacs faced was 17.5 @ #11 Duke.

The Wake Forest fan part of me wants to bet an absurd amount of money on Wake to cover.

19 points is a very high amount for a college game. Wake his been 15+ pt dogs three other times in the DM era. Last year @UVA and @ Duke and this year @UL. They nearly won 2 of the 3 games so hopefully they can keep it competitive tomorrow. Honestly, I'd be surprised if they come out flat and don't play well, but I'm staying away solely because the 2 other games I've bet on this year (Duke, Cuse) did not work out for me

Good move Bourrc9; The old saying is true, "No Education in the Second Kick of a Mule!"

The Wake Forest fan part of me wants to bet an absurd amount of money on Wake to cover.

Betting a small amount of money would not be a bad play at all. 19 is a big number, and I doubt UNC will be up for this game.

Betting a small amount of money would not be a bad play at all. 19 is a big number, and I doubt UNC will be up for this game.

Starting to feel like most every team in conference is competitive except ncsu , be, and us. I was expecting more from us this season in the accs. I realize we had some nice early non conference wins but had no idea we might be 1-8 potentially to start acc. I absolutely hate when the team mails it in in homes games that are winnable and so critical . This Syracuse game I think illustrates how far the team and the staff are from figuring it out.

Manning is getting old fast. Just stands there...no emotion. I don't think he gives a shit.

did not see this game but i was at the va tech game and he was working the refs as much as any coach that does not look like a rat. he cared and was pissed at those sh!tty reffs.

Back