• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

I have been, and want to be, a strong Manning supporter; but I believe we are a team in crisis and only strong leadership will right the ship. However I am not hopeful because strong leadership would not have permitted this crisis in the first place.

We are rapidly showing ourselves to be a bad loss for the Hoosiers

Do we win another game this month? This is a brutal stretch right now but I had hoped we would fair better then we have. I still have faith in Danny long term but have lost some the excitement I felt earlier in the season. The schedule softens in February so we'll have a chance to rebound some then.

Last edited:
I have been, and want to be, a strong Manning supporter; but I believe we are a team in crisis and only strong leadership will right the ship. However I am not hopeful because strong leadership would not have permitted this crisis in the first place.

If this is a crisis, what was your opinion of the years of OOC losses to the likes of Stetson, UNC-W, and Iona?

Perspective people. Two weeks ago, we were being mentioned as an NCAA bubble team. The Cuse game was a disaster, no doubt, but it's a long season. Get a grip

i think they cover, but we won't keep it too close

If this is a crisis, what was your opinion of the years of OOC losses to the likes of Stetson, UNC-W, and Iona?

An even more serious crisis?

Two weeks ago, we were being mentioned as an NCAA bubble team. The Cuse game was a disaster, no doubt, but it's a long season. Get a grip

There's a difference between being mentioned as a bubble team and actually being a bubble team. It seems a lot of our fans bought into the hype.

I get it. After the last few years, we really want to believe we're back, but there's plenty of reasons to be skeptical.

It's a good thing we had you here to burst our bubbles. Whew!

i think they cover, but we won't keep it too close

To cover we will need to score at least 78. The upside is that Collins and Moore should get a lot of experience against quality bigs.

Perspective people. Two weeks ago, we were being mentioned as an NCAA bubble team. The Cuse game was a disaster, no doubt, but it's a long season. Get a grip

The difference between our play early in the season and our play of late indicates something has gone critically wrong with this team. We have players who appear disinterested or at least disinterested in playing with other players. Inasmuch as some of these players are our future, this is a critical problem. It has implications for seasons to come.

We are going to get stomped into the ground tonight if we try to guard them man to man.

All the same complaints today were here for Richmond. Other than Cuse that was the worst game of the year, yet not really talked about.

The way I see the "bubble" issue was that we positioned ourselves to make a run at the tournament in the conference with our record in the OOC portion. We haven't held up that end of the bargain in conference play and so we're not going to be a bubble team when the tourney comes. I don't know if that means we were actually a bubble team who just fell off or if we were never a bubble team but just thought we were. It's largely semantics either way. It was always going to take an extraordinary effort to make the tournament regardless of what some people on here believed.

Back