• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

If we stop Barber tomorrow we will win the game. However, I don't think the coaches know how they are going to do that.

We don't have anyone who can stay in front of Barber. We will see a ton of our infamous matador D, as he flies past.

On the positive side, Danny Manning issues are correctable overtime and with experience. [Redacted]'s weaknesses were incorrigible

On the positive side, Danny Manning issues are correctable overtime and with experience. [Redacted]'s weaknesses were incorrigible

Yeah, he just has to become a much, much better in-game coach, motivator, and recruiter. All he needs is time; kind of like, with enough time, a monkey sitting at a typewriter will eventually bang out the complete works of Shakespeare.

Also, on a positive note, remember when some posters were worried that schools like Kansas would scoop up Danny Manning from us after only 3 years here?

Maybe his issues are "correctable" but after 6 years now of awfulness, we cannot afford a coach who needs to learn all of these things on the job. By the time he learns them we'll be looking at 8 or 10 or more years of crappy basketball. Manning needs to have learned them while working as an assistant at Kansas or while working as the HC at a decent school in a mediocre conference, not while trying to lead a hostorically good Bball program back from the worst 4 year stretch we've seen in decades (or ever).

Special on Danny Manning and wake on now on Fox sports south.

Showing lots of clips of him coaching and his coaching style.
Good stuff. I like what I'm seeing. Hopefully with some time, it'll show on the court. They haven't interviewed Mello yet, so there's that.

If there is a good, young coach out there that has had more than one winning season as opposed to one month of winning basketball and he's willing to take the job Wellman needs to take action.

We are so fucked. So fucked. Only way to fix this is fire Wellman and bring in an AD who can completely rebuild our basketball program. Just gut the whole fucking thing.

We are so fucked. So fucked. Only way to fix this is fire Wellman and bring in an AD who can completely rebuild our basketball program. Just gut the whole fucking thing.

If 30 for 30 wants a juicy investigative story, they can spend two hours examining how in the hell Ron Wellman still has a fucking job!!

Trivial but today I thought that i was looking at the Kansas coaches on our sideline as all four of our coaches today were wearing blue suits with some combo of red, blue and yellow(not gold) shirt and ties. Not sure if the same can be said of any other coaching staff in the conference. And this isn't just a one time thing. It's been happening all season. These coaches need to show that they want to be Wake guys.

I continue to be stunned by some of the lineup choices Manning makes. But what infuriates me is that he stands there like a wooden Indian, the refs butt jam us consistently and Manning says squat.

I know, yea but he's Danny Manning. Well the record speaks for itself. Time to clean house again. Keep Collins, Crawford, Moore, Dinos, and the rest of the year should be a try out for one more spot. This is pathetic. Truly is.

Trivial but today I thought that i was looking at the Kansas coaches on our sideline as all four of our coaches today were wearing blue suits with some combo of red, blue and yellow(not gold) shirt and ties. Not sure if the same can be said of any other coaching staff in the conference. And this isn't just a one time thing. It's been happening all season. These coaches need to show that they want to be Wake guys.

Of all the things to bitch about...their suit and tie color coordination with the Old Gold and Black is not one of them

Last edited:
We are a dumpster fire.. If he wore a track suit like bob huggins I wouldn't give a crap as long as we won.

We are so fucked. So fucked. Only way to fix this is fire Wellman and bring in an AD who can completely rebuild our basketball program. Just gut the whole fucking thing

This times 100

Back