• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

He's a great defensive coach with players recruited for his system. His first few years at UVA were forgettable

I caught a little of the Indiana/Michigan State game today, and what stood out to me was how both Izzo and Crean paced the sideline all game long and communicated with their teams on just about every possession, be it calling out instruction, or yelling out encouragement/displeasure. In other words, they were "coaching". Contrast that to Manning, who just sits there like he's just trying to stay awake while watching a boring movie. I'm not saying that Manning needs to act like a maniac on the sidelines, but it is so frustrating to see the team doing stupid thing after stupid thing and Manning acting like he could care less.

Witness, the many emotions of Danny Manning:

Furious Rage:

4-13-Manning.jpg

Delight:

manning_20130107092950_640_480.JPG

Curiosity:

Danny-Manning-Wake-Forest-Demon-Deacons.jpg

Disappointment:

usatsi_8836034_153192880_lowres.jpg

Hunger:

1396483586000-USP-NCAA-Basketball-NCAA-Tournament-2nd-Round-UCL.jpg

He came in with the reputation of having a dial tone personality. But I saw that he had been tossed from a game in his second year at Tulsa. Where did that passion go?

Grobe was more expressive than Manning. Much more so. And that's just sad.

I could give to shits about how expressive Coach Manning is or is not. At this point, he has not shown the ability to get a team to play up to its potential. He has not shown the ability to develop players. And he has not shown the ability to be a great recruiter.

If he can do 2 of those things, he can stick his thumb up his ass during the game for all I care.

I get a bad feeling the losing streak is going to continue tonight as we hit 11 straight losses. I looked back through this thread and I found earlier where Hatch was completely behind Manning and said that we should expect to be bad and get lucky every once in a while with a good year or two... Disgusting Facepalm

I get a bad feeling the losing streak is going to continue tonight as we hit 11 straight losses. I looked back through this thread and I found earlier where Hatch was completely behind Manning and said that we should expect to be bad and get lucky every once in a while with a good year or two... Disgusting Facepalm

Ouch. Tell me Mr. President doesn't truly feel that way!

What is this?

At this point the whole athletic department has no credibility as well as Hatch and the BOT. Fuck them!

St. John's won last night which ended the 16 game losing streak they were on. Now I think we are the nations longest losing streak :tear:

Ole Roy can recruit (who couldn't at UNC??) but his in game management is average at best.

The one thing I think would really benefit our staff is the addition of an experienced head coach as an assistant. State has Lutz, UNC has Robinson, UVA has McKay, I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. I'm ok with Danny learning the head coaching ropes a little but having some experience on the bench seems more and more a necessity.

Back