• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

UNCG should be one of the top programs in the current southern conference. They have the largest enrollment in the league and play in a great arena in a big city for the Southern Conference.

Compared to Wofford, Furman, The Citiadel, Mercer, Samford, VMI?

Last edited:
I am struggling to understand why you people don’t want him now. Hate me. That’s fine. But can we start winning please? How many more decades of finishing last do we have to endure before we fix it?

I certainly think well of Wes - I can't understand why he is not an ALUM in any discussion. Manning, for the moment, seems to be on a up-tick and things are set for a while with the new contract. Wes in the future? Maybe.

I am struggling to understand why you people don’t want him now. Hate me. That’s fine. But can we start winning please? How many more decades of finishing last do we have to endure before we fix it?

DR, you don't have a very good history regarding basketball predictions. Remember this one, "I've seen the future of basketball, and his name is Shavlik Randolph."

I certainly think well of Wes - I can't understand why he is not an ALUM in any discussion. Manning, for the moment, seems to be on a up-tick and things are set for a while with the new contract. Wes in the future? Maybe.

The window will be gone. He will be coaching one of our rivals. Y’all run your businesses this way too? Horrific. No wonder we keep losing.

Anybody rememeber when dr was pimping John Pelphrey?

I do. Anyone remember when he gave us the "inside scoop" on Jason Williams, which was proven completely wrong a few hours later?

Pelphrey might have worked at Wake. The one thing we do know is that what we chose to do didn’t work.

Wes has as many Tobacco Road road wins as we do since he turned 21. And he coaches a southern conference team. Keep hating on one of your own.

One of our own? I will give him credit for switching to zone down 14 yesterday. G looked better coached and certainly demonstrated higher bball IQ. Keats needs to rein in Al Freeman. I'm sure the Markell Johnson suspension didn't help either.

Last edited:
Let’s back up to April, 2010 when I said we should have hired Wes Miller. We are 2-8 in the postseason. Our wins were in play in ACC tournament games—and we’ve lost 4 of those. We are losers. Except it’s much worse than that. We won’t admit it.

I think most would have preferred Wes Miller over name redacted.

One of our own? I will give him credit for switching to zone down 14 yesterday. G looked better coached and certainly demonstrated higher bball IQ. Keats needs to reign in Al Freeman.

There we go. Someone paying attention.

The window will be gone. He will be coaching one of our rivals. Y’all run your businesses this way too? Horrific. No wonder we keep losing.

You mean losing like Wes Miller has done at UNC-G? In Years 2-5 at UNC-G, he led the team to 6th, 6th, 7th and 5th. Sorry, that's not worthy of being an ACC coach.

Worse than BKF. Insufferable.

idk...I always found bkf's performance art to be mean and slightly evil...and all over the map. dr has been providing quality entertainment for 20 years, and always on brand.

If a coach fails in a crap conference (yes, coming in the bottom half of the SoCon is failing) more than he succeeds, he has no business even being interviewed for a HC position in the ACC. There are plenty of candidates who have consistent success.

Let’s back up to April, 2010 when I said we should have hired Wes Miller. We are 2-8 in the postseason. Our wins were in play in ACC tournament games—and we’ve lost 4 of those. We are losers. Except it’s much worse than that. We won’t admit it.

We could have hired my dog as coach and been better off than hiring the Bzaster. But hiring Wes Miller in 2010 when he was like 26 years old would have been no favor for him or us. He would have been overwhelmed, he would have failed and he'd now be an assistant somewhere working his way back up.

This argument is moronic. Grobe was .500 at Ohio U. .500 at Ohio U was awesome. Same for Wes.

Why exactly is .500 at UNCG awesome? Other than the early season games against higher profile programs, aren't they competing on even footing with the other teams in their conference?

Back