• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

But there are those coaches who are able, more often than not, to get their team to do what they want done with the game on the line.

Danny Manning does not appear at this point in his coaching career to be one of those coaches.

https://mytakeonwhatever.com/

I was looking at KP’s ACC only stats & am surprised that Wake is 9th in defense & 13th in offense. Last season Wake was the best in the ACC at getting to the free throw line & 3rd in %. So far this season Wake is the worst team at getting to the line & also the worst free throw % shooting team. That is a recipe for a disaster of a conference season.

To piggy back off that, Wake is the worst team in ACC at sending teams to the FT line. So we have a team that goes to the line the least, when they get there shoots them the worst & also sends their opponents there the most.

Bzzz was a solid basketball coach, but terrible as a college head coach. He is where he should be. One of things about those teams, we had two of our better overall players that got fouled at a very high rate and shot horribly from the free throw line. CMM and Devin. It was painful to watch. No touch. You can't teach touch, their mechanics were ok but just so many points left in the table.

That situation was wellmans fault as Bzz should have never been put in a situation where he was going to fail. Spending five minutes with the guy you knew he was going to struggle.

But as I said before, Bzzs last team would bitch slap this team.

I was looking at KP’s ACC only stats & am surprised that Wake is 9th in defense & 13th in offense. Last season Wake was the best in the ACC at getting to the free throw line & 3rd in %. So far this season Wake is the worst team at getting to the line & also the worst free throw % shooting team. That is a recipe for a disaster of a conference season.

If you hadn’t noticed, we had John Collins last year who was great at scoring, getting fouled, and making free throws.

We lost players who took 358 of our 796 FTs and replaced them with people who don't create fouls. The high volume shooters shot 77.3% and were replaced by guys who don't shoot as well.

As much as Bryant and Key have improved at the line, Wilbekin has gone down and Brandon is slightly off.

This year's FT numbers were to be expected.

We lost players who took 358 of our 796 FTs and replaced them with people who don't create fouls. The high volume shooters shot 77.3% and were replaced by guys who don't shoot as well.

As much as Bryant and Key have improved at the line, Wilbekin has gone down and Brandon is slightly off.

This year's FT numbers were to be expected.

Wake was expected to be the worst free throw shooting team in the conference? Who expected that? Maybe a heads up before the season would be nice so that no one really expects anything and all the angst can be saved.

How about next year? Worst in the league again or somewhat better? Helps to know this stuff up front.

Wake was expected to get far fewer FTs and shoot a lower percentage. What other teams do is beyond our control.

I realize this is way above your ability to comprehend.

Wake was expected to get far fewer FTs and shoot a lower percentage. What other teams do is beyond our control.

I realize this is way above your ability to comprehend.

That's helpful. How will Wake do next year, expectation wise?

Read Dan’s column...very sad but I think he nailed it w Jeff and Danny

I have no idea about the incoming recruits' FT shooting. No one does.

Maybe you could check their current high school free throw percentages, assume playing time numbers, cross reference for losses from this years team, and make an educated guess. I assume you did something like that last year since you were expecting the poor numbers from this year.

Thanks in advance.

Being snarky makes you look small, ignorant and childish. That's not a great trifecta.

Being snarky makes you look small, ignorant and childish. That's not a great trifecta.

Thanks, RJ. I was going for ignorant and childish but I do not want to be thought of as small. Thanks for the advice.

I would still like that projection for next year when you get some free time.

Back