• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

I’m not doubting the presser was a disaster. It’s the leap to concluding Manning doesn’t want to win or care about his job, or whatever, that I’m critiquing.

I don't think it's about not caring. I think it's about manning believing he is above reporters/fans etc. He does not need to lower himself to give a real answer because we don't deserve it. he learned that from watching ronnie. ronnie learned that because people continue to give money and enable him to focus on a very small subset of fans. Those that can donate a lot of money.

I don't think it's about not caring. I think it's about manning believing he is above reporters/fans etc. He does not need to lower himself to give a real answer because we don't deserve it. he learned that from watching ronnie. ronnie learned that because people continue to give money and enable him to focus on a very small subset of fans. Those that can donate a lot of money.

I understand why you would come to this conclusion. But many of the biggest donors actually detest Wellman. It is remarkable the BOD still has his back.

I’ve learned to simply not get excited for basketball season anymore. You get your hopes up and think maybe there will be some improvement this year. It’s so sad how far we have fallen and continue to fall.

I think Danny just needs to start fresh and maybe come up with a new hashtag/slogan..

NewBeginnings Part Deux???

[/B]

This is exactly what I tell people. It's all about the coach. Very doable at Wake. Tired of being the laughing stock in basketball while other schools hire competent coaches and do well with said coaches.

One only need to look at Duke to see what a small school can accomplish with a great coach.

Is it possible to buy out the remainder of DM's contract? I am sure it will be a lot but Ron signed him through the 2024-2025 season.

life.jpg

Manning talks a lot like this guy with all of his "prepare kids for life" talk. Unfortunately, he's even a far worse coach.

Is it possible to buy out the remainder of DM's contract? I am sure it will be a lot but Ron signed him through the 2024-2025 season.

We don't know the details of the buy out. We don't really know any details at all due to Wake being private. That said, I doubt Ron did a great job protecting Wake.

Can we change the thread title to "We Have Watched, And It Has Been Conclusively Determined That Danny Manning Is Not Credible"?

If Manning coaches at WF through 2024, the basketball program will have to shut down. And Wellman will need a bodyguard.

We don't know the details of the buy out. We don't really know any details at all due to Wake being private. That said, I doubt Ron did a great job protecting Wake.

If Ron didn't do much to protect Wake against a downward spiral based on one "decent-to-above average" season, sheeeeeesh

Back